Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, that would need a 275 or 300hp on it.     

Are you going brand new? 
Grady’s are awesome but real spendy, especially with a lot of the add-on features.

I won't need that......250 will be fine on a 23'.  Definitley going used.  Still awaiting the okay from my "accountant".  We'll see how my daughter's college tuition bill checks out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I won't need that......250 will be fine on a 23'.  Definitley going used.  Still awaiting the okay from my "accountant".  We'll see how my daughter's college tuition bill checks out.

Yeah, there is almost no reason to buy a new boat. Plenty of great used craft out there at half the price of new.

4 hours ago, 78Blizzard said:

Merry Christmas everyone.  My feeling is that we are diverting to the climatic normal, where the peeps in NNE will be dominating these pages with record snows while we here in SNE will be lining up at the Tobin. JMO...

Enough with the attribution of a period of meager snowfall to climate change. It's so silly and really quite infantile. The bottom line is that it would have been difficult to get much snow in SNE during a record RNA in 1732. Climate change is very real, but it isn't why it isn't snowing right now.

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Enough with the attribution of a period of meager snowfall to climate change. It's so silly and really quite infantile. The bottom line is that it would have been difficult to get much snow in SNE during a record RNA in 1732. Climate change is very real, but it isn't why it isn't snowing right now.

I don’t think his post was climate change related.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Enough with the attribution of a period of meager snowfall to climate change. It's so silly and really quite infantile. The bottom line is that it would have been difficult to get much snow in SNE during a record RNA in 1732. Climate change is very real, but it isn't why it isn't snowing right 

.I think we can make a distinction between a direct cause of climate change and a bigger picture changing in the thousands or millions of factors that go into creating our weather. Certainly climate change is affecting those factors but that doesn’t mean it’s responsible for whether it snows or not. It’s not an either or a conversation is what I’m trying to say.

I think we can make a distinction between a Direct cause and a relevant factor. Certainly climate change by itself isn’t causing any particular winter weather event or not. But there are thousands and millions of factors and forces that create the weather and climate changes influencing those, so why there’s no direct causation there’s certainly an influence on our weather all the time when conditions are changing. It doesn’t need to be an either or a conversation I shouldn’t be in my opinion