Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2022

buckeyefan1

21 hours ago, eyewall said:

Yeah it was over after the last failed event. The Triangle got shafted compared to surrounding areas and that won't be made up for this go around.

Winter 2004-2005 was the biggest shaft I can remember us receiving. Pretty much all of January storms went around the triangle in every direction and we got completely fringed by the day after Christmas snow. I remember losing my mind after about the 5th or 6th near miss. We did have the “surprise” snow that gridlocked the entire city that season but I don’t think we picked up over an inch from any event that season even though we were under an advisory or warning what felt like every week for a month 

• Like 3

On 2/23/2022 at 12:09 PM, NorthHillsWx said:

Coming out of January I was very ready to give this winter a solid B grade but while January was a B+, A- in my opinion December and February have been a F and a D respectively. Overall I’d have to say that gives this winter a C- or just above passing. Like others have said, it’s over. The progressive nightmare isn’t going away due to the Atlantic even with a friendly Pacific since December and we’re just getting warmer. Onto spring and severe tracking

No way it can be above a D. We were below average again. The multiple chances and only getting one legit storm that still ended up being a small event only makes it worse. I'm tired of the cool and rainy days, too, and ready for sun and temps in the 70s. 

No offense but I feel we expect too much out of these winters.  The trend is against snowy winters overall and we need to adjust to that reality.  I had a good winter with actual snow on the ground, twice, for one day.  Hey I will take it and be glad.

I am also looking forward to spring, and if I can get to May without turning on my A/C for more than a day.  I will call that a win as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

No way it can be above a D. We were below average again. The multiple chances and only getting one legit storm that still ended up being a small event only makes it worse. I'm tired of the cool and rainy days, too, and ready for sun and temps in the 70s. 

Our biggest snow since December 2018 and a good month of solid cold helped. I enjoyed our snowstorm, arctic cold throughout, no mixing, and accumulation from start to finish plus a precursor snow the night before. Losing 2 of our 3 winter months with no threats and above average temps definitely sucks but we need to enjoy the storms we get and I enjoyed that one

• Like 5

15 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Our biggest snow since December 2018 and a good month of solid cold helped. I enjoyed our snowstorm, arctic cold throughout, no mixing, and accumulation from start to finish plus a precursor snow the night before. Losing 2 of our 3 winter months with no threats and above average temps definitely sucks but we need to enjoy the storms we get and I enjoyed that one

Yeah that was nice. The only complaint about that storm was the terrible snow growth.

I give this Winter a B+ …6.5” on the season Total and Had a 3.5 week span where I did nothing but track opportunities. Only 2 worked out but still. Wasn’t a very cold winter but it produced for what it was imo. I had snow in spots for 16 days and saw Snow on Snow once. See you guys next year …. Everyone  be safe and start cracking open the Natty Lights and hitting the lake  :sizzle:

• Like 1

March is here and spring around the corner.  This is the time of year around here were everything buds out and start growing anew.  Then gets hammered by that last late hard frost.  Curses abound across the land and then it get actually hot.  Life in SC.

27 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Why are you mad lol? I'm all for dry, sunny weather

Anything past 75 is summer :P 

That dayum groundhog said 6 more weeks :angry:  I understand where I live, but summers lasting more than 6 months of the year means the south will swelter in ways that are wrong on every level.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Anything past 75 is summer :P 

That dayum groundhog said 6 more weeks :angry:  I understand where I live, but summers lasting more than 6 months of the year means the south will swelter in ways that are wrong on every level.

Yeah it's safe to say as this planet warms places like Louisville, Knoxville & Cincinnati have peak weather. Down here it's more of a game of who can run their AC the least

20 hours ago, nwohweather said:

Yeah it's safe to say as this planet warms places like Louisville, Knoxville & Cincinnati have peak weather. Down here it's more of a game of who can run their AC the least

Amen to the A/C marathon, 6 to 7 months a year here in the middle of SC.  Personally I think we are heading toward a North FL weather regime with slightly more frequent cold shots to cause killing frosts.   Not falling into climate despair is a full time job for me here.  Hey, at least I do not have to worry about sea level rise, look to the positives!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jpbart said:

Amen to the A/C marathon, 6 to 7 months a year here in the middle of SC.  Personally I think we are heading toward a North FL weather regime with slightly more frequent cold shots to cause killing frosts.   Not falling into climate despair is a full time job for me here.  Hey, at least I do not have to worry about sea level rise, look to the positives!

Yeah it's getting pretty bad downtown, king tides regularly flood it

The 00z GFS says the cold shot is brief and not nearly as deep as previous runs.  Temps next Saturday (3/12) at GSP are 59/28.  Chilly but nothing Earth shattering for mid March.  That does not mean NC or VA won't see true cold, but the extended and deep cold into SC has evaporated.

On 3/3/2022 at 6:01 PM, WinstonSalemArlington said:

I love all these social media posts from last week about all this pattern change this, pattern change that, cold, record cold, it’s gonna hurt, get ready for winter, polar vortex, blah blah blah for what in actuality looks to be a two day cool down with highs in the 50’s lows in the 20’s which isn’t even abnormal for mid March. Literally a lot of time wasted hyping up a very meaningless in the grand scheme of things cool down, and one every person who has ever lived through a March should expect. Sorry, just got a chuckle out of some of the Twitter posts from last week 

• buckeyefan1 changed the title to Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2022
  • buckeyefan1 unpinned this topic