Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2022

buckeyefan1

1 minute ago, wncsnow said:

Its increasing big time on every model I have seen. Could be a lot of people caught off guard tomorrow morning going to work in Hickory, Lincolnton, Shelby

You are exactly right and we've been seeing it for days but most of the mainstream news has just blew it off. I get it, we are use to seeing these setups trend away at the last minute, it's unusual to see it go the opposite way towards more ice for us. 

WWA currently doesn't include Wake..   But the RAH discussion states:

Given the aforementioned setup...
where the subfreezing temps already exist north of the Albemarle-
Sanford-Franklin line... it appears that is the area that will have
the best chance to see a brief period of light freezing rain before
waa allows precip to change to all rain. 
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

For me this is unprecedented as to what is occurring, specifically with the GFS. I mean not even close with precip. All the probs have been hiked up to 80-90% up this way and the temp is still sitting at 23. 

We had hours of snow flurries at 38 degrees yesterday just across the border from Chesapeake, VA (and reports in Hampton Roads) with a coastal trough that none of the solutions called for precip. NWS AKQ was just a surprised as I was. Interesting stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buddy1987 said:

For me this is unprecedented as to what is occurring, specifically with the GFS. I mean not even close with precip. All the probs have been hiked up to 80-90% up this way and the temp is still sitting at 23. 

Before I fell back asleep… I saw 6Z GFS didn’t even initiate right also , still didn’t have barely any Precip into CLT Metro …. That thing is junk man lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

Before I fell back asleep… I saw 6Z GFS didn’t even initiate right also , still didn’t have barely any Precip into CLT Metro …. That thing is junk man lol

Hrrr, Rap sounded horn last night then NAM came in. Also the WRF-ARW2 was pretty spot on with temps and moisture. Of course RGEM was first to sniff it out. Euro was definitely better than GFS as well.

• Like 1

• buckeyefan1 changed the title to Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2022
  • buckeyefan1 unpinned this topic