• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

Like I and others said last night...as long as the general idea of a storm is there that's all that matters! And lo and behold...this run GFS go boom, lol Still Day 9, but nice to see the idea!
The idea was also there last nights run on the CMC. As for the Euro will leave that poor guy alone.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, nj2va said:

If the famed pattern change is actually happening in early February, a big KU or Archambault event would make sense around the 29th like the GFS showed.  We usually seem to score bigger ones during those pattern breakdowns.  

Chuck said that big storms aren’t usually a feature when going from a positive to negative pna.

I know, I know…

Shut up @nw baltimore wx

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Not much support on the GEFS for the OP.  A few members have storms in the east but its a mixed bag of precip.  Certainly worth tracking the window.

From a longwave pattern perspective they are supportive. Can’t ask for a better ridge/trough alignment. Obviously not saying for a 950mb storm but a storm in general. But I did say this type of pattern will a epo ridge and deep eastern trough without blocking can open the door to amplified storms if you can get a phase. 
A296D0E3-961C-4153-AF65-5B048C1A9011.thumb.jpeg.f8ac76fb62aafd435f4ef1b0d06d84dc.jpeg

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic