Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

2 minutes ago, Ji said:
5 minutes ago, stormtracker said:
Dude, stop.  Wait until 12z before you descent into making us all miserable. It's 1000% better than the GFS still.

Lol im just going by what you all are posting. Plus all the euro sensors got swallowed up by tonga

Someone said the Europeans were struggling getting data because there was a shortage of weather balloons due to Covid. Can anyone confirm?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Vice-Regent said:

We be chasing another phantom ... again just for different reasons. Yall must be hurtin' after all of those historic years stuff like that doesn't cut it anymore.

It's just like Bob Chill said. We rarely time the big dogs we are reliant entirely on extended cold to get HECS.

And another

Someone said the Europeans were struggling getting data because there was a shortage of weather balloons due to Covid. Can anyone confirm?
Makes sense to me. I went to lowes yesterday to buy weather balloons and they said supply issue are killing them
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

No. [Edit to add] And if there is a sonde missing for ECMWF, there is a 99% chance it's missing for everyone.

image.png.e1a8e2fa8e670e95bf85916adc7af544.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Ji said:
11 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Makes sense to me. I went to lowes yesterday to buy weather balloons and they said supply issue are killing them

thumb_oh-yeah-well-the-jerk-store-called-and-they-re-50836484.png.370d62f86c9d9a8e3196262567c26a5d.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

He’s on our radar.  We see it.  I’m just trying to give dude a chance to read the room. 

Well, my 2 cents, and that’s probably what it’s worth, is that he’s been in the center of the radar for years. He adds nothing to any discussion. No insight, no information, no humor, no camaraderie with others. Further, he will divert any discussion over to his doom and gloom outlook.

If you gave me mod powers for 30 minutes he’d be gone forever. 

Thank you and I’ll shut up now.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

It only goes out to hour 90 and looks pretty much the same.
I was just going by randy and ralph word description before maps came out

My bigger concern is we have no other guidance close to what euro is showing and euro now is in its wheelhouse

From Walt Drag this AM. 

East coast snowstorm potential 21st-22nd Atlanta to NYC-Boston: Uncertainty exists on best target, and also where its all snow or freezing rain-sleet. The greatest uncertainty for me is the NYC-BOSTON-I84 corridor. No matter, there does appear to be a strong likelihood of a 5-10" snowfall, especially NC-VA-MD-DE.
  • Like 2

Just now, Ji said:

My bigger concern is we have no other guidance close to what euro is showing and euro now is in its wheelhouse

But isn't the GFS seemingly moving toward the Euro? Not necessarily saying it will move all the way to it or we will get a big storm, but Euro has been rock steady for 4-5 runs now while the GFS is all over the place. I feel pretty good about where we are right now. Hopefully, we see the GFS take another step at 12z. Also would like to see the CMC take a step there as well.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I’m only comparing the 6z and 0z maps @Weather Will posted, but 6z looks much deeper but a little more progressive with the shortwave? 6z has a broad 543 dm contour through the shortwave. 0z didn’t at all (only 546 dm) except for a tiny closed dot at the base. 

That’s what I saw..Imo 6z would end up an even more amplified storm but it’s developing a bit further east so the question is would it be in time for places NW of 95.  But given that g5 at 90 I could see that tuck up the coast even more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Ji said:

Hasn’t other guidance been slowly trending towards the Euro? I swear I recall that the Euro has always been better at handling southern stream systems, so that’s why it’s probably leading the charge here. Just my 4 cents (inflation). Haha. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LeesburgWx said:

This. How can it be wrong, or if it is, how can it be THIS wrong. 

The event hasn't happened yet, no models are right or wrong at this point. It is Tuesday. We just went through a week of watching models do their thing for a week ahead of Sunday's storm.

Pull it together weenies.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5
  • Weenie 1

Seriously...search Twitter long enough and you can find someone who agrees with you. If you think it's trending towards the gfs you can find agreement if it stayed the same you can find agreement if it looks better you can find agreement. Bunch of sheep

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic