• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

Don't sleep on the little Thursday system. Could be a nice appetizer if the stars align. 

My nightmare is that the Thursday system is crucial enough to the Saturday system that it ends up ruining it somehow.

Should be an amazing week of tracking, though. Admittedly I’m already feeling burnt out, and with my last semester of college starting up, I might need to work to regain some of this lost sleep, haha. Or I’ll lose even more, given it’s my last semester of college and I’ve got a post-grad job so I’ll be living it up.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

My nightmare is that the Thursday system is crucial enough to the Saturday system that it ends up ruining it somehow.

Should be an amazing week of tracking, though. Admittedly I’m already feeling burnt out, and with my last semester of college starting up, I might need to work to regain some of this lost sleep, haha. Or I’ll lose even more, given it’s my last semester of college and I’ve got a post-grad job so I’ll be living it up.

THIS

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Amped said:

https://i.imgur.com/RLx2Wt6.gif

500 MB evolution

It's amazing how similar this setup is to tomorrow's event. We benefit this time from the main wave not being as wrapped up as early, but that kicker could play a role either way. Like tomorrow's event it could end up phasing and pulling it west or help kick it east. Love the potential though.

Anyway, I'm packed up and headed to Niagra Falls tomorrow morning. Peace weenies 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

CMC had it snow 1 to 3 inches DC metro south and still showed a major storm for us.  Euro actually had no snow (actually light rain) and had the monster storm... so I'm not sure it will matter... but I'll let someone more knowledgeable speak up on it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I have good feeling we'll be tracking something the following week too so buckle up! We may be in business right through early February.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

CMC had it snow 1 to 3 inches DC metro south and still showed a major storm for us.  Euro actually had no snow (actually light rain) and had the monster storm... so I'm not sure it will matter... but I'll let someone more knowledgeable speak up on it

There have been quite a few moderate and big storms that were preceeded by a small event just prior or within 48 hours of the "main event"

2003,2004,2016 just to name a few.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic