Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

7 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

The depictions  are historic suppression looking and I dont see a strong enough high in the  right place to do that 

In this case the suppression isn’t from surface pressure it’s from the mid and upper level steering currents. A combination of the trough axis being a bit too Far East and an amplifying tpv lobe to our northeast places a strong NW flow over the east that doesn’t relax until the system is too far southeast for us. Maybe that’s wrong but it’s the flow in the mid and upper levels we need to change.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 87storms said:

I haven’t analyzed the 500 maps much but almost looks like a Jan 2000 situation on the gfs.

Ah! Not carbon copies or anything but for sure strange and similar with the entire track/progression. I'll have to look at the Jan 2000 h5 maps tonight. Interesting. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

6z gefs are head scratching. The Friday system on the means is closer than the Monday system. You would think compared to the ops that the days got reversed on the GEFS. GEFS want little to nothing to do with Monday:

gfs-ememb_lowlocs_us_12.thumb.png.810be24db8a860b24a784b2565139576.pnggfs-ememb_lowlocs_us_24.thumb.png.0db0affea9a26293d88b0bc206bcd47c.png

Way different than the eps

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Let me try and translate:

06z GFS is wild and white for Monday. Good pattern. Good vort passage, periodic chilly in the future. 2-4 is his first guess. then pattern stabilizes at some point later

You needed to lead your post with this:

image.png.199286fa03994e3c164f88252d967cdc.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 23

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

You are killing us man. :) Actually we would take this in a heartbeat compared to what the Euro is saying. Pretty clear battle going on right now. GFS/ICON vs. Euro/CMC. Still a ton of time left though. 

C’mon man. It only showed a foot of snow. How can he be expected to be happy with that?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Weather Will said:

It would be nice to see other models pivot toward the GFS current solution today and to see ensembles show some support.  Like a lot of our setups, until we get into the short range, it could go either way.  At least with cold air around we are in the ballpark.

Sage analysis..

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic