Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

16 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Agree with that, hence why I think we will likely need high lat help to get another favorable window later.  Another -NAO period (assuming we don't go -5 stdv PNA again!) would likely do better later in winter when wavelengths start to shorten some and blocking can have even more impact on the flow.  BTW my comment about the "stock nina" comments was not about you.  You were really clear in your excellent post about the different options.  But there have been some others that want to chalk the record -PNA in December off to "typical nina" and I guess I took issue with that since it was more than just a "nina" since we don't get that extreme a -PNA typically and as we both stated there are various "typical" nina patterns.  Again, it wasn't your post...but there were some doing that recently.  If you scroll through my twitter I kind of called one out the other day.  But I feel bad because its someone I know is really an excellent source of info just thought the "its nina" stuff was overly simplistic and somewhat misleading.  If that was a typical nina we would never snow in a nina lol.  I love your posts btw!  Some of the best on twitter.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  

Thanks psu, means a lot.  Trend of last 4 runs of GFS Ext for Jan 25th

Jan-6-GEFS-Ext-Loop.gif

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Didn’t see it mentioned but this is the anniversary of the Blizzard of ‘96.

Ohhh yes. First snowstorm that I can remember...but since I was just five I don't remember TOO much (I do remember my mom saying at first that the snow was too deep for me, and that it would be up to my chin, lol)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic