Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

2 hours ago, Vice-Regent said:

You are the one who understood it before I did. You even admitted that we are f***ed. I started to enjoy your posts for a brief moment.

No one is debating that it’s getting warmer and snowing less. But you exaggerate and talk about nothing else. No one in here has the ability to wave a magic wand and fix it. So all you’re doing is harassing people who mostly agree with you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

12z EPS looks good. After the 12z suite, one would have to think confidence is growing for a low end moderate event for southeastern portions of the region, assuming low level temps cooperate. Still some room for adjustment NW of the significant precip but probably limited at this juncture.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Not a bad problem to have, but might want to divvy up all these pending threats into separate threads. 

Why don't we wait for some consistency first? 

51 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

It’s not dead. C’mon dude, that’s not you lol.

I'm just not feeling it.  I think it's dead, Jim.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Snowmadness said:

18Z HRRR

CAA063EF-C9C7-4673-B978-1FDE0B9404A8.png

That would really throw a wrench in things now wouldn't it? The axis is much more SW/SSW to NE versus the more west to east swath's we've seen. Would make sense given some of the better h5 looks on the good runs this past week and with the streams separating a bit giving this room to climb. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Gotta love the RGEM trolling us Winchester folks. 

rgem_asnow_neus_58.png

19 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

That would really throw a wrench in things now wouldn't it? The axis is much more SW/SSW to NE versus the more west to east swath's we've seen. Would make sense given some of the better h5 looks on the good runs this past week and with the streams separating a bit giving this room to climb. 

Both of you have hit on trends that to me are obvious. Further north and west and the attempt to turn that precip more up than out.

1 hour ago, IronTy said:

I know right?   Have we had that in the past 5yrs?

I'm right near Baltimore, and I do recall a VERY COLD stretch of weather at the very end of December/beginning of January in 2017/2018. It didn't escape the 20s for like 10 consecutive days. I think there were a couple days in the teens as well. I specifically remember it because a major lake nearby froze completely over. Honestly the last memorable winter event I can remember. 

37 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

I'm right near Baltimore, and I do recall a VERY COLD stretch of weather at the very end of December/beginning of January in 2017/2018. It didn't escape the 20s for like 10 consecutive days. I think there were a couple days in the teens as well. I specifically remember it because a major lake nearby froze completely over. Honestly the last memorable winter event I can remember. 

Probably the favorite weather event of my life so far.  Had shore ice developing at the Outer Banks.  Lakes froze over in Wilson which is in the NC coastal plain.  Hit 0F at my house one night after a snow.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

Yeah I remember the same! It was cold enough to bust the pipes at the church I was the music director at at the time (that was a huge mess that took the church the rest of the year to clean up) It was downright bone-chilling--awesome wind chills too! But that was the most recent stretch of artic cold we had...so it's been a little while!

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic