• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NYC subforum Weenie Power Rankings

Rjay

There's one guy I'd like to nominate but I forgot his name, he comes out with crazy extreme predictions in long winded posts with tons of reasoning for why he's going to be right and actually sounds legit, until you see he takes the highest weenie output and proceeds to triple it. His posts look satirical but he's dead serious.

5 minutes ago, romba said:

There's one guy I'd like to nominate but I forgot his name, he comes out with crazy extreme predictions in long winded posts with tons of reasoning for why he's going to be right and actually sounds legit, until you see he takes the highest weenie output and proceeds to triple it. His posts look satirical but he's dead serious.

Tip ?

Roger?

George?

5 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

Dude you obviously hate cold and snow, why do you live in Rockland?  The only people who live in a place like that are winter weather enthusiasts, I can't imagine any other reason for living there.  You should be in Florida, you'd love the weather there.

Give this guy a weenie tag!! Please lol

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2022 at 11:22 AM, romba said:

I still remember the 24-48 inches and 90 mph wind for LI for the 1/29 storm prediction and agree it all sounded rational.   

I mean for Islip it wasn't that far off.

On 2/26/2022 at 2:02 AM, LibertyBell said:

it was obviously a joke/troll post, he and I have had this long running thing for years.... Rockland is the SIBERIA of our subforum so obviously who besides a winter weather enthusiast would want to live there?!

The NW crew won't agree with you on that and they are right but I don't think places like catskills should be part of our subforum when their climo is way closer to Albany than to NYC. IMO the subforum should be Uptons forecasting zone. Once you get to Ulster north they are in Albanys forecasting zone I presume for a reason.  

• Weenie 1

28 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

The NW crew won't agree with you on that and they are right but I don't think places like catskills should be part of our subforum when their climo is way closer to Albany than to NYC. IMO the subforum should be Uptons forecasting zone. Once you get to Ulster north they are in Albanys forecasting zone I presume for a reason.  

Making Perth Amboy post in the Great Lakes subforum

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Making Perth Amboy post in the Great Lakes subforum

I mean anyone can post anywhere they want, I know NYC posters post on the NE forum all the time. I think my post may have been taken out of context or maybe I didn't explain it well. I personally love hearing the HV crew chime in but just saying climo wise it's like two entirely different regions, like Mid HV is a distinct climo from NYC Metro.     

11 hours ago, HVSnowLover said:

No I didn't say they shouldn't be part of our subforum, I just said their climate is like SIBERIA compared to what I'm used to lol.  You might be right about Upton's forecast zone, I didn't even know where that extends to, but I always thought the CWA extended from Poughkeepsie to Monticello to Trenton to Toms River to Montauk to Groton to Danbury and back to Poughkeepsie.  Basically the polygon made by connecting all those citys' airports.  Is that approximately what it is? 

9 hours ago, HVSnowLover said:

I mean anyone can post anywhere they want, I know NYC posters post on the NE forum all the time. I think my post may have been taken out of context or maybe I didn't explain it well. I personally love hearing the HV crew chime in but just saying climo wise it's like two entirely different regions, like Mid HV is a distinct climo from NYC Metro.     

Technically you're right about climate zones.  On my seed planting guide, our subforum covers three climate/planting zones.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

No I didn't say they shouldn't be part of our subforum, I just said their climate is like SIBERIA compared to what I'm used to lol.  You might be right about Upton's forecast zone, I didn't even know where that extends to, but I always thought the CWA extended from Poughkeepsie to Monticello to Trenton to Toms River to Montauk to Groton to Danbury and back to Poughkeepsie.  Basically the polygon made by connecting all those citys' airports.  Is that approximately what it is? 

image.png.194d262e3b327e5cdba39bf696415bfe.png   The part in yellow is uptons forecasting zone. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Im surprised Monmouth and Middlesex Counties are not part of Uptons zone. South and west of there is also very different climo from NYC. 

Yes I think thats strange, I bet there was a little battle between Upton and Mt Holly and Mt Holly won.  I actually think our subforum  should include both.

20 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

I like mine better lol, I think NW NJ should be considered part of our zone.  Officially the NYC metropolitan area is considered thusly:

NY_Metro_Divisions.png

Okay maybe a combo of the two lol

Agree with combo of the two, Ocean and Sussex are crazy far off from each other climo wise and neither is that close to NYC. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

Coming from the guy who has never been north of the GWB...or was it the Tappan Zee...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Coming from the guy who has never been north of the GWB...or was it the Tappan Zee...

15 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Yeah but I've traveled a lot internationally.  I just don't see that there's really anything to do up there besides skiing.

Ah Liberty; to breath crystal cold air, hear the sounds of fauna while enjoying the scent of the native flora. Hearing the splash and flow of a stream, a brook, a small river. Crunching though snow that hasn’t greyed to meet a city streets expectation.To look up on a moonless night and still see twinkling lights. There is so much more up there, Liberty and I’ve only stated what appeals to me. Stay well and look to Polaris. As always …..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1