Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Overunning Mixed Event 12/18-12/19/21

dryslot

53 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I disagree entirely. It’s completely a possibility. These locations struggle profoundly some years to manage a few inches over the season. You’re absolutely kidding yourself if you don’t see that as a possibility. I never even said it would happen all the time. But it could easily happen at some point at least! I know my own kind of people here. People get defensive if something is suggested they don’t like. Nobody knows when exactly a local climate might be twisted enough to end up not getting significant snow all winter during a random and rogue year. But  I would bet money at some point in the next century that’s gonna happen somewhere in the cape and islands.

I don't live on the cape and I'll be dead by then, anyway, so my personal sentiment has nothing to do with it. The concept is just absurd. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I disagree entirely. It’s completely a possibility. These locations struggle profoundly some years to manage a few inches over the season. You’re absolutely kidding yourself if you don’t see that as a possibility. I never even said it would happen all the time. But it could easily happen at some point at least! I know my own kind of people here. People get defensive if something is suggested they don’t like. Nobody knows when exactly a local climate might be twisted enough to end up not getting significant snow all winter during a random and rogue year. But  I would bet money at some point in the next century that’s gonna happen somewhere in the cape and islands.

Maybe if temps rise another 3-4C by 2100.  DCA has had 2 winters with only 0.2".  Is SE Mass going to be warmer then than Foggy Bottom is today?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't dispute GW warming at all, but avoiding snowfall entirely at this latitude is a long way off.

Extreme events, huge swings in temp and precip. Piece the dynamic together perfectly not far fetched to experience 80F one given day and a 3ft snowbomb the next. We've already seen it, and will become more severe into the future.
I miss New England, but I moved planning on having beachfront property surrounded by water! LOL   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

The meat wasn't really supposed to start until after 18z, so if you still see the sun then you can panic.

I thank you for that permission.  It’s the weather underground radar hallucinations that are doing me in. But on the other hand I’m getting a bunch of pre-storm prep done and covering burn piles and such 

24 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Dim sun? Is that a nephew? The bulk of the precip is overnight, I don't expect to see anything here until 3 or so for a start time.

Just a little snow storm PTSD. The dew points were already high enough so I thought we were pretty well moistened but looking at the radar there’s still a lot of low level dry air that needs to be overcome. But the returns are beefing up just to my west so I think it’s probably going to start in the next hour in earnest