Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Overunning Mixed Event 12/18-12/19/21

dryslot

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not good trends overnight. My worries seem legit . I honestly feel like it begins as sleet here and goes fairly quickly to zr. Just speaking for this area. You guys north of pike are good 

I never never thought this was going to be good in our neck of the woods. We were splitting hairs. Ours will come. Patience. 

I got a Winter Storm Watch issued overnight:

.WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
LATE SATURDAY NIGHT...

* WHAT...Snow. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 8 inches
  possible.

* WHERE...Portions of northeast, central and southern Vermont.

* WHEN...From Saturday afternoon through late Saturday night.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow will develop across the region from
  south to north beginning mid-day Saturday and may become briefly
  heavy at times into the early overnight hours before ending
  around sunrise Sunday.

BTV nudged the numbers up on their map

StormTotalSnow.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s just no front end thump with marginal cold . So you lose that . And midlevel warming always comes in faster than modeled. As long as we get good icing I’ll be content . Just gotta hope Xmas Eve storm holds 

I'm not sure what constitutes 'good' icing......I'm thinking it'll be pretty meh in that department.  Hoping we get something for Christmas though.

25 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I'm not sure what constitutes 'good' icing......I'm thinking it'll be pretty meh in that department.  Hoping we get something for Christmas though.

There won’t be a lot of glazing in this event. Of course, it doesn’t take much to be dangerous, but I’d be surprised if any glaze was more than a couple tenths. Not a classic look for big ice. 

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There won’t be a lot of glazing in this event. Of course, it doesn’t take much to be dangerous, but I’d be surprised if any glaze was more than a couple tenths. Not a classic look for big ice. 

Only due to lack of qpf. Now if I’m correct and we get zero snow south of 90. Then more icing occurs but with marginal daytime temps 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Only due to lack of qpf. Now if I’m correct and we get zero snow south of 90. Then more icing occurs but with marginal daytime temps 

Yeah it’s unlikely to be a huge issue. If we were getting double or triple the QPF it would be more interesting. 

Hopefully guidance cools a tick today because ZR is pretty useless. But I’m guessing the midlevel warming trend will actually continue at 12z. I’m just hoping for a couple inches here before the flip but it’s looking precarious. 

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it’s unlikely to be a huge issue. If we were getting double or triple the QPF it would be more interesting. 

Hopefully guidance cools a tick today because ZR is pretty useless. But I’m guessing the midlevel warming trend will actually continue at 12z. I’m just hoping for a couple inches here before the flip but it’s looking precarious. 

Yeah you guys are fine there , so is Scooter. At least you’ll have the ground covered for next week. Goose is cooked south of 90 for snow tomorrow.  These never trend colder under 24 hours. 

39 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Where are you living these days, Will?