Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 15th-16th Warmth, Wind, and Severe Threat

Geoboy645

20 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Power went out here a little after 5 this morning and is still out.  Snow is currently spreading in from the west as the temp drops toward freezing.  Lots of sticks and small branches all over the place may just have to wait until spring for cleanup.  Solid snow cover still in place but it's pretty battered looking.

Sleeping w/o a fan is the worst.

Power never went off through this whole things.  Seems like it doesn't go off here very much since that Derecho a few years ago knocking power out to the whole Keweenaw. UPPCO did a lot of trimming branches away from the trees here. I was surprised I didn't have any larger branches fall off my two remaining black spruces.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

On the SPC past events page the original day 3 is gone, as only the updated midday day3 update shows up.  Was hoping to go back and have a laugh at that original day3 but it's been edited out of existence, at least on the SPC past events page. :lol:

I'm glad I saved a copy of this gem. We can't let the SPC cover up this one :lol:d3.png.60495e1d08683c1c59f7c6964280a616.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I have no idea what he was thinking, since models had been consistent on an outbreak setup for at least a week prior to that. I mean just the anomalous warmth in December alone is a pretty solid bet for at least some severe weather.

In Broyles defense, he did call the 3/28/20 crapvection bust 4 days out, and he was also the mastermind behind this amazing resource for violent tornadoes: https://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/outbreaks/outbreaks-small.php#

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

DSM found several more tors.

IA state total for the day is up to 61, which smashes the previous record.

Well over 100 tornadoes region wide for the day now was well.

That is absolutely ridiculous for December.  And not like all those IA tornadoes were weak.