Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 15th-16th Warmth, Wind, and Severe Threat

Geoboy645

Just now, CheeselandSkies said:

They just amended the 20Z outlook to expand enhanced probabilities southward into MO, but left the maximum risk at moderate.

Why even have criteria if you just kinda ignore it? They must only want to use it on compact summertime bow echoes. 

3 minutes ago, CheeselandSkies said:

I was just commenting on another weather forum - some serious radar data accessibility issues with the two recent events. Last Friday it was GR Level 3.

Reminds me of 4/27 when the sirens went down before the big cells blew up.  Great timing for weather forecast equipment to fail, guys!

• Like 1

Just now, madwx said:

Madison got up to at least 68.  Daily record by 16 degrees and all time December record by 3 degrees 

71 in Western Illinois, where I'm from.  Absolutely wild.  I remember being on campus at my alma mater many years ago, it got up to 63 degrees and everyone was running around in bathing suits and laying out.  Shows how unusual it is for the area.  71 is so warm that it's deeply concerning for 12/15.  It's 46 degrees here in the Bay Area, which is supposed to be much warmer than the Midwest.

1 minute ago, CryHavoc said:

Reminds me of 4/27 when the sirens went down before the big cells blew up.  Great timing for weather forecast equipment to fail, guys!

Well in that case it was understandable since the morning round of storms did so much infrastructure damage. Additionally Cullman tornado took out a weather radio transmitter if I recall correctly, Hackleburg tornado took out a TV station's radar as well as cutting power to most of northern Alabama that hadn't already lost it, etc...

52 minutes ago, CryHavoc said:

Gotta think there's a chance for a high risk upgrade at this point, these storms are extremely serious and they're going to continue for quite some time.

If they didnt upgrade to high last Friday I doubt theyll do it now. Im sure now in hindsight they know they might shouldve. But, for what its worth, TWCs Torcons max at 5 today, 7-8 last Friday. 

Also, for what its worth, I found this video of a Jacksonville, IL tornado from 20 February 2014 with snow on the ground. But, the temps there that day did rise to 62F/17C. So while extremely uncommon, what could happen in MN tonight wouldnt be unprecedented. And YouTube has a few videos of "Snoradoes" as well lol. 

Ill post the link here too.