Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday’s Amazing Event 12/8/21

SnowenOutThere

1 hour ago, Kmlwx said:

Weather weenies sure know how to beat a dead horse ;)

The NSASS  (National sarcastic and snippy service) has just issued a "BEAT A DEAD HORSE WARNING" for the following locations until 4 pm ...

Most of Maryland, Delaware and the northern, central and western parts of Virginia along with the eastern panhandle of WV.

Use extreme caution over the next 2 hours.....

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, CAPE said:

From Mount Holly lol

Welp. What had already been a multi-day southward trend in the frontal wave we`ve been tracking for Wednesday reached a crescendo overnight. The GFS and NAM essentially completed a cave to the EC solution, keeping the frontal wave very de-amplified and with nearly all of its meager precipitation shield missing south. What was already looking like a very minor event is now looking like essentially no event at all. PoPs, QPF, and Snow have been reduced accordingly. Some negligible (less than 0.5 inch) snow accumulation is still forecast, but it is definitely possible most areas won`t see measurable snow.

Missed this earlier LMAO. Welp would've been awesome enough but we got welp AND crescendo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, high risk said:

Even if we got a dusting, which seems unlikely now, the need for pre-treatment is really, really questionable.    You'd have light snow falling during the daylight hours with marginal air temperatures and road temperatures clearly well above freezing.

The whole brining issue was becoming a huge concern for my previous place of employment. It affects so much more than just roads and cars. I wish they would stop doing it

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, understudyhero said:

The quicker they blow the treatment budgets, the sooner we will have a crippling BCSE (it's been so long since impressive snow of real or digital type, what's the biblical snow abbreviation?)

I think you are trying to break out BECS. But those dont seem to exist anymore south of 40.

It appears the rumors of the death of king Euro were premature once again. 

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I think you are trying to break out BECS. But those dont seem to exist anymore south of 40.

It appears the rumors of the death of king Euro were premature once again. 

Hardly. The euro had a big storm at one point. It was first to start taking it away though 

Now the gfs? Hard to imagine a worse performance 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic