• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wednesday’s Amazing Event 12/8/21

SnowenOutThere

I think a key part of us getting more snow is watching how the precip over IN, OH, WV is behaving. The models that give us more snow have that area really blossoming. The ones that don’t have that area very dry and then precip tries to develop overtop of us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kleimax said:

I think a key part of us getting more snow is watching how the precip over IN, OH, WV is behaving. The models that give us more snow have that area really blossoming. The ones that don’t have that area very dry and then precip tries to develop overtop of us. 

I agree. If this tries to develop east of the mountains it wil leave us high and dry out here

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

FV3 is the GFS dynamical core run at mesoscale resolution. I think it may be taking over for the NAM, but @high risk or @dtk can confirm.

You're correct that it's a mesoscale version of the GFS (it's not as simple as just saying it's the GFS run at 3 km).      The FV3 is now one of the Hi-Res Windows, along with the ARW and ARW2.   (The FV3 replaced the NMMB in the last HiResWindow upgrade.)   All 3 of those models, along with the NAM Nest and HRRR, make up the HREF.

The hi-res version of the FV3 is an initial step towards replacing all of the hi-res models (the Hi-Res Windows, HRRR, NAM Nest, and the HREF products) with an hourly, high-res FV3 ensemble in a few years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10

18 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Canadian holds steady -- really a slight improvement even. Wetter across the board.

12z

1638986400-7z3XCNrfnQI.png

00z

1638986400-SMWwGdqdPdA.png

True. What it shows is deeper low. And deepening. The main issue for us as I see it is to get that thing to begin that development about 3-6 hours earlier. I think that’s doable.

16 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

UKIE definitely did not cave but manages to drop T-1" through the most populated areas of the subforum so many folks might be happy with it anyway. 

image.thumb.png.848b9a333bfdd7a13a48364530b99c4f.png

I honestly have no faith in this model. When it shows good things I disregard that also.

• SnowenOutThere changed the title to Wednesday’s Amazing Event 12/8/21
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic