Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday 12/8 Possible Snow/Ice/Rain? Discussion

Torch Tiger

2 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I'm doing a snowfall accumulation map for this little event so if you have final numbers please send them to me or @ me. Reports are sparse since it was a minor event, OKX didn't even put out a PNS, BOX and ALY did but they are very limited with only a couple reports. I can check CoCoRahs, they have some but i'd like to get the members on here. 

I combed through the last few pages and already have DIT, Ginx, Sugarloaf, FlashFreeze and Thunderblizzard.

If @tavwtby @metagraphica @EastonSN+ @Mr. Windcredible! @WinterWolf @Spanks45 @WxWatcher007 and anyone else from CT i can't think of off the top of my head has any, lmk in the next few hours if u got em, thanks.

2.3 in Branford on the shoreline. 

My neighbor is getting his new pool in just in time for the torch. 

Screenshot-20211209-112741-Gallery.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BrianW said:

2.3 in Branford on the shoreline. 

My neighbor is getting his new pool in just in time for the torch. 

Screenshot-20211209-112741-Gallery.jpg

lol i just finished the map and saw this, i have to go back and change the overlays now, but thanks for the report im glad theres another 2+ report in the little blob area i made around north haven. 

4 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I'm doing a snowfall accumulation map for this little event so if you have final numbers please send them to me or @ me. Reports are sparse since it was a minor event, OKX didn't even put out a PNS, BOX and ALY did but they are very limited with only a couple reports. I can check CoCoRahs, they have some but i'd like to get the members on here. 

I combed through the last few pages and already have DIT, Ginx, Sugarloaf, FlashFreeze and Thunderblizzard.

If @tavwtby @metagraphica @EastonSN+ @Mr. Windcredible! @WinterWolf @Spanks45 @WxWatcher007 and anyone else from CT i can't think of off the top of my head has any, lmk in the next few hours if u got em, thanks.

1.1" total.   .1 early in the day, 1" during last night.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Scooter slamming things around saying how the hell do you sled on an inch or 2 of snow ala early Jan 15. Hint Scooter kids are versatile 

Anyone who lived through the late 1980s/early 1990s as a kid should be a grizzled veteran sledding on 2” of snow. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

Sometimes, it's only in our darkest moments that the snow gods listen.

I lost it January 2014 when we had something like more inches of rain than inches of snow and there was a frozen lake in my yard… while Philly ripped off like their 5th Winter Storm Warning, ha.  “Leon” winter.

Cutter, arctic air, no upslope, then Philly snowstorm… cutter, arctic air, no upslope, Philly snowstorm… repeat.

Mother Nature didn’t reward me for my melt dammit!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hazey said:

Late to the party. Ended up being a nice snowstorm here. Started around 9pm and was over 12hrs later. 105faa1bc25c2248802bb72fbbc3d573.jpg
9d022b5b7ae83c331c52f4d275bc98ed.jpg
First one footer of the season. I know it will be gone soon but nice start to the stats.

#NovaScotiaStrong

Congrats Hazey, Love the snow cake! But you will always be the last to the party, But in the end on some of these, You can laugh at the rest of us too in most cases.............:)

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

I lost it January 2014 when we had like more inches of rain than inches of snow and there was a frozen lake in my yard… while Philly ripped off like their 5th Winter Storm Warning, ha.  “Leon” winter.

Cutter, arctic air, no upslope, then Philly snowstorm… cutter, arctic air, no upslope, Philly snowstorm… repeat.

The most insulting part of that month is that it wasn’t warm overall. Just horrible timing. 

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I lost it January 2014 when we had something like more inches of rain than inches of snow and there was a frozen lake in my yard… while Philly ripped off like their 5th Winter Storm Warning, ha.  “Leon” winter.

That was one of the more overrated winters for MBY.....to a lesser degree 1993-94, too (sorry, Jerry)