Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wednesday 12/8 Possible Snow/Ice/Rain? Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

The NW flow fluffed us up last night.  Looked beautiful driving through town.  Event total of ~4" after 2.25" of absolute dust overnight.

1 hour ago, klw said:

.9 overnight brings me to 3.6 total for the "event" and into double digits on the season.

2" here.  Up to 10.75" on the season

I'm doing a snowfall accumulation map for this little event so if you have final numbers please send them to me or @ me. Reports are sparse since it was a minor event, OKX didn't even put out a PNS, BOX and ALY did but they are very limited with only a couple reports. I can check CoCoRahs, they have some but i'd like to get the members on here. 

I combed through the last few pages and already have DIT, Ginx, Sugarloaf, FlashFreeze and Thunderblizzard.

If @tavwtby @metagraphica @EastonSN+ @Mr. Windcredible! @WinterWolf @Spanks45 @WxWatcher007 and anyone else from CT i can't think of off the top of my head has any, lmk in the next few hours if u got em, thanks.

• Thanks 1

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

I'm doing a snowfall accumulation map for this little event so if you have final numbers please send them to me or @ me. Reports are sparse since it was a minor event, OKX didn't even put out a PNS, BOX and ALY did but they are very limited with only a couple reports. I can check CoCoRahs, they have some but i'd like to get the members on here. 

I combed through the last few pages and already have DIT, Ginx, Sugarloaf, FlashFreeze and Thunderblizzard.

If @tavwtby @metagraphica @EastonSN+ @Mr. Windcredible! @WinterWolf @Spanks45 @WxWatcher007 and anyone else from CT i can't think of off the top of my head has any, lmk in the next few hours if u got em, thanks.

2.0 Burlington

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Just a trace/coating here in Easton.

• Thanks 1

Finished with 2.8", about twice what I'd expected thanks to tall ratio - 20:1.  The 2.5" measured at 9 last evening had 0.11" LE and the overnight 0.3" another 0.03".  Still had some teeny snowdust in the air at 7 this morning despite few/no clouds.  Very pretty outside but this snow has little staying power.  Getting 1/4" LE of frozen/freezing tomorrow and early Saturday would bulk up the pack, maybe enough to survive next week's 40+ temps.

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

1.5” here   I’m staying home feeling like crap   Getting tested later today  ugh

Not to derail , I was training a woman yesterday who works for Biontech (Pfizer partner) vaccine research . She was explaining how the unvaxxed states saw the initial delta surge this summer but our area was more protected due to recent vaccinations in high numbers. Now , our initial (2 shot )vaccine Protection  is beginning to Wear Off and not enough folks have booster (also mentioned a seasonal /( possible less sun related effect) that adds to the waning protection. Still protects against severe cases but was interesting to listen to as to why numbers are flying higher in More vaccinated states now and that is from Delta . She was saying omnicron would likely be spreading in the southern states first if it catches on and also mentioned that what occurs in UK is a pretty good preview of what will happen for New England (similiarly high vaccination rates ) but protection waning and booster numbers not yet high enough to ward off a big winter spike .

This women has worked in the field of vaccine research for decades so I take what she says as pretty accurate  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

My son was up at 6am and made me come outside in the snow with him.....what a weenie.

Dec9_snow.jpg

LOL, same. Both out at first only in PJs trying to shovel and throw snow balls. I'm sure the neighbors were thrilled with me telling them in a rather loud voice to come back in and put coats on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1