Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wednesday 12/8 Possible Snow/Ice/Rain? Discussion

Torch Tiger

25 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned - all do creds and salutations ...

(Lines deleted tom keep down length)

Just to let you know, I ALWAYS enjoy and respect your analytical comments!! Some of us have people lives in their forecasts and every ounce of input is always enjoyed! (Well, most :-) ) 

• Like 1

12z guidance has actually been pretty consistent with the exception of the NAM going nuts on the IVT....most other guidance is pretty much in agreement on 1-2" for a larger chunk of the region. There will likely be some areas of enhanced rates but you just don't know where they will be.

On 12/5/2021 at 4:20 PM, weathafella said:

Hi everyone!  Thanks so much for the multitude of good wishes-it means a lot and touches my heart!  We were watching a movie around 12:30AM when out of nowhere I got lightheaded and experienced severe vertigo.   I also got nauseous and thought I was having a heart attack even though I didn’t have much chest pain.  On the way to the emergency room my wife had to pull over t..............

Glad you went because my HA was masked by the fact, I had ZERO Chest Pain. Instead, I had Jaw Pain! (Another sign to watch) Welcome back to the insane asylum 

47 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

People forget a lot of things…the angst in here is almost too much to take sometimes. The volatility in the modeling has been huge…and it’s tough to say where things go in 10-15 days, let alone 3-4 weeks.  But folks are jumping out of trees with nooses around their necks all over the place in here.  

It’s the 7th of December…let’s all remember that. 

Just being a realist.  After tomorrow’s inch we have a good week plus of meh.  It will come.  But just taking its time

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Just being a realist.  After tomorrow’s inch we have a good week plus of meh.  It will come.  But just taking its time

Nothing wrong with that Dave, I’m all for being a realist.   But when folks get overly downtrodden and start flushing 3-4 weeks away at a clip, cuz a run of an ensemble model shows something not so good in the 8-10 day, is downright silly, especially in the first week of December. 

If we can pick up 1-2 tomorrow, it’s a win imo. Especially after some said zero snow for first 3 weeks of December. 

• Weenie 1

56 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

People forget how boring 12/2008 was in terms of snowfall until holiday week....

Yes they do. As I've said to others at least a couple times lately, I never expect accumulating snow before at least Christmas week. Growing up on the CT/MA line some of the best winters we never had snow til after the holiday. If we did, it was gravy. I think some here need 30 more years of weather watching lol!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duncanwxnh said:

Just to let you know, I ALWAYS enjoy and respect your analytical comments!! Some of us have people lives in their forecasts and every ounce of input is always enjoyed! (Well, most :-) ) 

Oh thanks.   Yeah, I'm a bit much for some people, admittedly.  While others seem to like, if not appreciate my particular brand of assholier than thou - lol

So are you a Meteorologist or some other in environmental sciences ...or?  I mean you tucked, 'in their forecasts' in that.   Most of us...well, some of us, go back a decade or more at this point of blogging this and bitching that/forum time waste... lol, kidding (well, a little :-) )  Anyway there's some familiarization among a few of us ; I just don't recognize your handle.

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Oh thanks.   Yeah, I'm a bit much for some people, admittedly.  While others seem to like, if not appreciate my particular brand of assholier than thou - lol

So are you a Meteorologist or some other in environmental sciences ...or?  I mean you tucked, 'in their forecasts' in that.   Most of us...well, some of us, go back a decade or more at this point of blogging this and bitching that/forum time waste... lol, kidding (well, a little :-) )  Anyway there's some familiarization among a few of us ; I just don't recognize your handle.

Jack retired Met

20 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

LOL - interned with NWS at Logan Airport during '78 (Long before Taunton) and went to BSC (Bridgewater). in early 80s.

In 2000's Radio broadcaster here in Concord for about 10 years . Should have retired a few years ago but in my role within Emergency Mgmt I can't get out of my ow way :-(  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

12z guidance has actually been pretty consistent with the exception of the NAM going nuts on the IVT....most other guidance is pretty much in agreement on 1-2" for a larger chunk of the region. There will likely be some areas of enhanced rates but you just don't know where they will be.     in Worcester.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

I'm sure the resorts will be blowing like crazy the next few days to prepare to bridge the gap. Still some cold evenings progged though.

I mean it takes something real special to melt off manmade snow.  That stuff survives the humidity of May and weeks above freezing in the spring.  Even Dec 2015 had skiing.

I saw videos of the woods still skiable today after yesterday’s deluge.  

• Like 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

I mean it takes something real special to melt off manmade snow.  That stuff survives the humidity of May and weeks above freezing in the spring.  Even Dec 2015 had skiing.

Yeah, doesn't seem all that hot here despite the hysteria from some in SNE. No worse than a typical mid-March warm spell that softens things up for a few days.

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I saw videos of the woods still skiable today after yesterday’s deluge.  

It rained buckets at Sugarloaf last night, melted everything at my house at the bottom of the hill. Texted my 16 year old at 1 today to see how it was on the hill.

It was "meh" according to him. Video he and his cronies posted on Insta, were much better than "meh". Didnt look a whole lot different than Sunday, albeit much harder. Couple more grooms and itll be fine. Guns were blasting when I left at 7 this morning. 

• Like 1