• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wednesday 12/8 Possible Snow/Ice/Rain? Discussion

Torch Tiger

There should be some solid ulvl divergence across much of the region which should aid in the expansion of the precipitation shield. Models do want to pop an 850 low is just a matter of how early that happens. But given the strong llvl jet dynamics there will be plenty of moisture being fed into the system. Decent lift into the DGZ (on the NAM using BDR) probably across at least southern areas. Even despite the perhaps marginal sfc temps it's quite cold aloft and the depth of the above-freezing layer is quite thin. Obviously this changes with north/south track but given the NAM a strip of 3-5'' is quite possible along southern sections. 

image.thumb.png.23836b26dc1f7471a30b14c935cd81fb.png

12 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Guidance looking slightly better at 00z so far. Not a big change but this is the first run that’s getting a piece of that energy offshore sampled better. 

Should be fully sampled tomorrow at 12z. Another small step NW would make a big difference. 

12 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Ukie is far right

Good night weenies 

I love these back-to-back posts.

Somehow over the years, posters remain on different planets, LOL.

• Haha 3

Just now, dendrite said:

Make sure you indicate it was vid sent to you because you're catching some heat in the comments for not helping.

I did respond directly to those guys- I made it clear to them I carry a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher in my own vehicle for this exact type of scenario.

Thank you for catching that either way. Love my job but the public are tough on us.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Health scares like some of us have are a good reminder to cherish every day. Life is short. Smile and greet the people in your neighborhood. Ask your co-workers how they are doing. Keep in touch with family as much as you can. All the money in the world cannot replace misspent time focused on the wrong things. 

Most of all, take your personal fitness seriously. Obesity keeps our Healthcare system in business. You only get one body. Take care of it. Keep that heart pumping and the cardiovascular system healthy. Not only will it make you feel better, even give you a buzz during the day, but it will improve healing and circulation throughout your muscles and joints. Thus leading to better aging. I'm trying to buy back in myself. Been killing the peleton. Didn't do it this week. Bummer. 

I just got off my ride @DotRat_Wx, lets go get yours !!! 

29 minutes ago, George001 said:

Yeah, I’ve busted a lot with my forecasts, I It happens to even the best of em. Don’t tell me you haven’t ever busted, we all do. 

Some of mine too, everyone's forecasts fails at some point every year.

I'm now the Family Forecaster, & apparently that my accuracy is higher than the TV forecasts & it's not needed anymore, if my family wants to know the forecasts, they rely on me. (No, I'm not kidding.)

• Weenie 2