Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wednesday 12/8 Possible Snow/Ice/Rain? Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Hi everyone!  Thanks so much for the multitude of good wishes-it means a lot and touches my heart!  We were watching a movie around 12:30AM when out of nowhere I got lightheaded and experienced severe vertigo.   I also got nauseous and thought I was having a heart attack even though I didn’t have much chest pain.  On the way to the emergency room my wife had to pull over twice for me to vomit.  Got to the emergency department and kept barfing.  EKG, cardiac enzymes, brain ct and mri were normal, stress test normal-still occupying the barfarama.   Neurologist wanted to ensure it was not a stroke that occurred.  The strange thing is I did the stress test around 2 and wondered for the life of me how I was going to do it with nausea but as I worked out the nausea disappeared-no idea why!  Neurologist thinks it may be inner ear problem but honestly once the big stuff is ruled out it’s an educated guess.

Waiting to be discharged and wondering what caused the symptoms-even got a Covid test which was negative.  I’m tired-slept maybe 1 hour last night and dozed a bit today.

I am so touched by the outpouring here-I love our wx community!

One more thing-this threat isn’t dead!  I’m not scoring the models until verification time.  Hopefully it happens!  I like how cold Canada is-we’ll get ours soon!

Inner ear - I have this thing called Miniers (not sure of spelling but pronounced min-years). It was the same symptoms along with a sound of rushing wind and whistling in my ears. It came on like someone hit me over the head with a board and then went away over the course of about 20 minutes.

24 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Meniere’s disease? My wife’s grandfather has that and has occasional symptoms similar to what you had last night. Great news that it was nothing major. 

I have that. Very similar but with a sound of wind. My wife has a friend that gets very bad attacks and has to lay down on the floor when they happen.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Jerry, as a fellow vertigo sufferer, it's sometimes hard to explain to someone who has not experienced a real nasty event, how bad and scary / unsettling an episode can be.   Most of my episodes are mild, but every several years a bad one will hit out of nowhere.  After a horrible event a few years ago, a doctor showed me a video showing how to stop or at least temper the event if you sense one is starting.    I'm sure you can find it online by googling "exercise for vertigo".  I have used it a couple of times since, and it really settled the event down.  The one I've used with success is the one by Dr. Foster...  Stay well... 

This is the one that i do, It works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Hi everyone!  Thanks so much for the multitude of good wishes-it means a lot and touches my heart!  We were watching a movie around 12:30AM when out of nowhere I got lightheaded and experienced severe vertigo.   I also got nauseous and thought I was having a heart attack even though I didn’t have much chest pain.  On the way to the emergency room my wife had to pull over twice for me to vomit.  Got to the emergency department and kept barfing.  EKG, cardiac enzymes, brain ct and mri were normal, stress test normal-still occupying the barfarama.   Neurologist wanted to ensure it was not a stroke that occurred.  The strange thing is I did the stress test around 2 and wondered for the life of me how I was going to do it with nausea but as I worked out the nausea disappeared-no idea why!  Neurologist thinks it may be inner ear problem but honestly once the big stuff is ruled out it’s an educated guess.

Waiting to be discharged and wondering what caused the symptoms-even got a Covid test which was negative.  I’m tired-slept maybe 1 hour last night and dozed a bit today.

I am so touched by the outpouring here-I love our wx community!

One more thing-this threat isn’t dead!  I’m not scoring the models until verification time.  Hopefully it happens!  I like how cold Canada is-we’ll get ours soon!

Hi, Jerry. Although we don't really interact on these boards, I am often reading your posts when I stop by here. I'm so glad everything seems ok with you. Peace and blessings from a different sub-forum poster.

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

Hi, Jerry. Although we don't really interact on these boards, I am often reading your posts when I stop by here. I'm so glad everything seems ok with you. Peace and blessings from a different sub-forum poster.

Thank you Matt!  Snow in LES zones near you this week?

• Like 1

Just now, weathafella said:

Thank you Matt!  Snow in LES zones near you this week?

Sure thing! Not looking too good. Maybe a few inches here and there. With the lack of cold air and progressive flow, lake effect has been minimal. The past couple winters have been pretty lame in these parts as a result. My area actually had one of the best events so far this season a couple days before Thanksgiving. 8 to 10 inches of Lake effect, but most of it was gone in a couple days with the mild, maritime air racing across the country. The Tug's economy is struggling with the pathetic winters of late. Hoping something changes as we ring in the New Year!

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Sure thing! Not looking too good. Maybe a few inches here and there. With the lack of cold air and progressive flow, lake effect has been minimal. The past couple winters have been pretty lame in these parts as a result. My area actually had one of the best events so far this season a couple days before Thanksgiving. 8 to 10 inches of Lake effect, but most of it was gone in a couple days with the mild, maritime air racing across the country. The Tug's economy is struggling with the pathetic winters of late. Hoping something changes as we ring in the New Year!

That is distressing!  Lots of cold to tap into in Canada so hopefully later this month it happens!

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

All I know is that whenever I pass a parked police cruiser tucked in somewhere, and know that I'm dead in the water (going like 60 in a 40, or over 80 on the interstate)... and that cruiser stays where it is while the officer/trooper doesn't even blink... I always wonder if they are looking at the 384 hour GFS showing an anafrontal snow for the I-90 corridor.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

All I know is that whenever I pass a parked police cruiser tucked in somewhere, and know that I'm dead in the water (going like 60 in a 40, or over 80 on the interstate)... and that cruiser stays where it is while the officer/trooper doesn't even blink... I always wonder if they are looking at the 384 hour GFS showing an anafrontal snow for the I-90 corridor.

I truthfully wonder what speed you have to be going to get pulled over by Mass troopers sometimes. Myself, and many others, routinely pass them on the highway doing 85-90mph and I’ve never seen one pull anyone over.

9 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I truthfully wonder what speed you have to be going to get pulled over by Mass troopers sometimes. Myself, and many others, routinely pass them on the highway doing 85-90mph and I’ve never seen one pull anyone over.

I just hope to keep up with the Jones's.  Get in line in the left lane and go (and have Waze going, too).

25 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Up here with much less traffic the barrier has been said to be 80mph for getting pulled over by a trooper.  I paid a ticket for 79mph between Waterbury and BTV on I-89 in college (dry roads, daytime visibility).  Trooper even brought the radar gun up to my window to show me, ha.  Ironic that with wide open, lower traffic levels you can get popped at 80 up here... but down there in Mass it seems like 80-90mph can be steady bumper to bumper in the left lane with no issue.  It's exciting driving south of the MA/NH or VT border.

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Up here with much less traffic the barrier has been said to be 80mph for getting pulled over by a trooper.  I paid a ticket for 79mph between Waterbury and BTV on I-89 in college (dry roads, daytime visibility).  Trooper even brought the radar gun up to my window to show me, ha.  Ironic that with wide open, lower traffic levels you can get popped at 80 up here... but down there in Mass it seems like 80-90mph can be steady bumper to bumper in the left lane with no issue.  It's exciting driving south of the MA/NH or VT border.

I always heard +7 mph was safe anywhere but a school zone. But I’ve come to think that as long as you’re not being aggressive or erratic or out of whack with the conditions, you’re ok.