Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wednesday 12/8 Possible Snow/Ice/Rain? Discussion

Torch Tiger

35 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

There's an old adage ... I think it was Samuel Clemens, that goes like,

'never argue with a stupid person because they will bring you down to that level where they have far more experience'   

You are clearly an intelligent person. Unfortunately the way you talk to some people is extremely condescending.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I think there's a lot of people on here that try to school others, even if it's just to try to help them, just as there's a lot of people on here who have no clue what they're saying and all they do is have negative comments. Yes it annoys me and sometimes I find myself commenting as well just to try to bring light to what someone is saying. But as they say, you can't fix stupid. But who am I to judge. I'm just as disappointed as anyone else in this forum about Wednesday. I was so excited about getting some snow finally. Yes, it's not like we are so overdue, at least not here in Connecticut, but the prospects of snow in the next two to three weeks doesn't look so hot. One thing that I do know is that the weather does change, and things can change in the next two to three weeks where we see something pop up that we didn't expect. Those are the most wonderful surprises in the weather world. When I see some of you wanting to drink your sorrows away because we didn't get the snow, I'm I think to myself boy, do you have nothing in your life that's worth living for besides weather LOL. I mean I'm a weather geek like the rest of you, but I have a lot of other things to be thankful for. I'm looking forward to that one storm where it brings us all together and we're all happy and excited. Until then.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I think there's a lot of people on here that try to school others, even if it's just to try to help them, just as there's a lot of people on here who have no clue what they're saying and all they do is have negative comments. Yes it annoys me and sometimes I find myself commenting as well just to try to bring light to what someone is saying. But as they say, you can't fix stupid. But who am I to judge. I'm just as disappointed as anyone else in this forum about Wednesday. I was so excited about getting some snow finally. Yes, it's not like we are so overdue, at least not here in Connecticut, but the prospects of snow in the next two to three weeks doesn't look so hot. One thing that I do know is that the weather does change, and things can change in the next two to three weeks where we see something pop up that we didn't expect. Those are the most wonderful surprises in the weather world. When I see some of you wanting to drink your sorrows away because we didn't get the snow, I'm I think to myself boy, do you have nothing in your life that's worth living for besides weather LOL. I mean I'm a weather geek like the rest of you, but I have a lot of other things to be thankful for. I'm looking forward to that one storm where it brings us all together and we're all happy and excited. Until then.....

Lol you do realize that everything is said in jest. You and Tip should get together at the next Psychological conference held on Rikers Island

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, weathafella said:

I’m heading to the hospital-some concerning symptoms so I doubt I’ll do pbp…

I've quietly been on this forum for years. Being a 'slightly' elder retired meteorologist, I love this forum.  Special group of geeks.  Jerry, I know the feeling and hope your symptoms turn out to be just a warning. Thinking and praying for thee! Always, Jack (Concord NH formerly Boston)

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, NotSureWeather said:

You are clearly an intelligent person. Unfortunately the way you talk to some people is extremely condescending.

The bold is debatable.

2ndly, no - I am not condescending - as in 'elitist' ? No, not in any way shape or form of my personal being and interaction with my varied spheres of life.  I am in fact effacing by nature ... My colloquy is defined by open ended statements and questions to facilitate a persons thoughts, because I am genuinely interested in what they have to say. 

There is always going to be a segment of any group that hears things through some sort of petty filtration - and there's nothing that can really be done about that.

I merely advanced some advice about fast flow weather regimes and model accuracy - from a position of actual education and experience in the subject matter - that does not make one condescending - sorry.  

When I first mentioned the model limitations in fast flow stuff, the advise was dismissively met -    Society has found its way into a mess where no one is allowed to be right - everyone is a pro that deserves that respect, by trophy and participation logic.   

Just now, ma blizzard said:

this place is like an insane asylum .. and its only 12/5 :lol: 

I wanna be Jack Nicholson. We know Scooter is nurse Ratchet. Anthony is Martini. Kevin is Billy Bibitt, Ray  is Charlie Cheswick, Garth as Chief  Will as Dr John. Wolfe as Dale Harding . RUNNAWAYICEBERG as Max

oneflew1.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, duncanwxnh said:

I've quietly been on this forum for years. Being a 'slightly' elder retired meteorologist, I love this forum.  Special group of geeks.  Jerry, I know the feeling and hope your symptoms turn out to be just a warning. Thinking and praying for thee! Always, Jack (Concord NH formerly Boston)

Hey Jack just talked to Jerry thinks he's heading home soon.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1