Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wednesday 12/8 Possible Snow/Ice/Rain? Discussion

Torch Tiger

7 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

This place cracks me up sometimes, especially when there's something to track, good comedy.

Hope to get a Jerry update today, hope he's doing alright.

Tracking the fights and emotional roller coaster ride during winter is better than the actual storm tracking 90% of the time. :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Still too early to bail on this one. But we’re definitely going to need to see a shift by 00z tonight when some of the key energy comes onshore. Synoptically there’s plenty of room to trend north...the trough axis isnpretty far west when this thing first gets going. It just needs to overcome the fast flow and semi-flattish western ridge. But we do have a propensity for SE ridging and there’s no blocking so both of those could help try and send it north. 

I do love the psychoanalysis on here. “Will and Scooter stopped posting”....meanwhile he’s at the airport and I’m outside doing final leaf cleanup. :lol:

It there was a big storm brewing, Scooter would be posting from the DD drive-thru on his way to the airport, and you'd be saying "screw the leaves".  We know this.  You know this.

We also know that we don't cancel winter like some.

• Confused 1

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It seems like we have been talking about progressive flow for years now.

Except for last winter? Flow was not progressive enough, at least up here. Everything shredded as it approached.

Going to start employing a 5 day rule for model output. If it's 5+ days, 0% chance of verifying, 4 days 25%, etc. I know that's not how the weather or modeling works but thinking it will keep expectations in check. :)

45 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Still too early to bail on this one. But we’re definitely going to need to see a shift by 00z tonight when some of the key energy comes onshore. Synoptically there’s plenty of room to trend north...the trough axis isnpretty far west when this thing first gets going. It just needs to overcome the fast flow and semi-flattish western ridge. But we do have a propensity for SE ridging and there’s no blocking so both of those could help try and send it north. 

I do love the psychoanalysis on here. “Will and Scooter stopped posting”....meanwhile he’s at the airport and I’m outside doing final leaf cleanup. :lol:

Kevin misses his girl and God forbid we have lifes at 130 pm

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

It there was a big storm brewing, Scooter would be posting from the DD drive-thru on his way to the airport, and you'd be saying "screw the leaves".  We know this.  You know this.

We also know that we don't cancel winter like some.

Was thinking the same thing, yard work be damned!