Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday 12/8 Possible Snow/Ice/Rain? Discussion

Torch Tiger

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I’ve seen plenty of conducive flows where the modeling loses storms also. D5 is a crapshoot at best. 

You could be angry ... or, you can learn from this - up to you...

There are flow regimes where you can have reasonable confidence at D5 ... this was not one of those. 

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Will had pretty much bailed too. You know it’s time to fold em when the big players exit stage right 

Listen, both those guys feel it’s gonna bump north.  You’ll see em both return when that starts to happen, or it goes to Bermuda completely.  

if ya get a couple inches it’s a win. It’s Sunday for god sakes. This is a Wednesday deal if it happens?  You’re as fickle as the wind.  

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

There are flow regimes where you can have reasonable confidence at D5 ... this was not one of those. 

I guess a good question when learning from this is why was the GFS so bad while the rest did "better". Still3 days out so I guess the GFS could end up correct, but that ship has at least sailed for the time being....

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

John..nobody is angry. And you’re not the end all be all on here either. You can think what you want professor, but day 5 is tenuous at best. Sure there are some times where a model latches on to something at 5 days out and takes it home.  But I haven’t seen that happen in quite some time.  But Thanks for the tip, typhoon tip. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

The Euro last week had next weeks storm as a cutter and then a coastal so the Euro didn't get it right either.

Correct..it hasn’t been anything to write home about either. It ain’t what it used to be, and hasn’t been for a few years now. 

But this isn’t figured out yet….so I’d hold off on how any one model did, or didn’t do at this juncture.  That’s the only take home currently imo. 

27 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Listen, both those guys feel it’s gonna bump north.  You’ll see em both return when that starts to happen, or it goes to Bermuda completely.  

if ya get a couple inches it’s a win. It’s Sunday for god sakes. This is a Wednesday deal if it happens?  You’re as fickle as the wind.  

They felt it would bump north like 2 days ago… that’s a long time ago. I’m not fickle… I change based on modeling. Maybe we score a couple inches… but there is a lot of time left for this to slip into nothing… as is, really only 1 model is showing accumulation 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

They felt it would bump north like 2 days ago… that’s a long time ago. I’m not fickle… I change based on modeling. Maybe we score a couple inches… but there is a lot of time left for this to slip into nothing… as is, really only 1 model is showing accumulation 

Well modeling goes one way then another all the time. That’s Modelology Blizz. 

And sure there’s a lot of time left…for it to go either way. But swing with each model run if that floats your boat. If by tomorrow night it’s still out by Bermuda, then I’ll certainly agree that this is gone. And I’ll be totally fine either way..it’s 12/5 after all. 

Still too early to bail on this one. But we’re definitely going to need to see a shift by 00z tonight when some of the key energy comes onshore. Synoptically there’s plenty of room to trend north...the trough axis isnpretty far west when this thing first gets going. It just needs to overcome the fast flow and semi-flattish western ridge. But we do have a propensity for SE ridging and there’s no blocking so both of those could help try and send it north. 

I do love the psychoanalysis on here. “Will and Scooter stopped posting”....meanwhile he’s at the airport and I’m outside doing final leaf cleanup. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

34 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

John..nobody is angry. And you’re not the end all be all on here either. You can think what you want professor, but day 5 is tenuous at best. Sure there are some times where a model latches on to something at 5 days out and takes it home.  But I haven’t seen that happen in quite some time.  But Thanks for the tip, typhoon tip. 

The fact you felt it necessary to personalize anything (bold) at all evinces you are...  Stop being a teenager and start growing -

2ndly, I am educated formally in this discipline of Meteorology - you are not.  Sorry - deal with it. 

You are incorrect in your mentality regarding day 5...  There are numbers that prove this empirically.   If this comes back in the next few runs, all it does is underscore the natively bad deterministic skills of models in this type of flow regime.  The regimes provide different skill - that is fact.  deal with it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The fact you felt it necessary to personalize anything (bold) at all evinces you are...  Stop being a teenager and start growing -

2ndly, I am educated formally in this discipline of Meteorology - you are not.  Sorry - deal with it. 

You are incorrect in your mentality regarding day 5...  There are numbers that prove this empirically.   If this comes back in the next few runs, all it does is underscore the natively bad deterministic skills of models in this type of flow regime.  The regimes provide different skill - that is fact.  deal with it.

Cosgrove… that you??

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Your condescending attitude is a lot to handle. You can think what you want. The flow is fast/tough I certainly give you that. But the modeling loses crap in buckled flows all the time too, especially out at day 5. So that’s my point and stance.  We’ll leave at at that. 

• Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

He will beat you up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1