Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter

Rjay

4 hours ago, forkyfork said:

let's clear cut forests so bored white people can slide down hills 

Honestly if this was a just world all property of all fossil fuel companies would be seized and all their CEOs and board of directors would be clapped in handcuffs and sent to Guantanamo Bay for crimes against humanity and the planet.  The International Court at The Hague should do that and send them to an international version of Guantanamo Bay, some deep dark pit from whence they are never heard from again.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

5 hours ago, gravitylover said:

It's nice to know that you don't care that a large portion of my income (and personal pleasure) is dependent on that industry. Thanks :clown:

5 hours ago, forkyfork said:

i don't

5 hours ago, forkyfork said:

let's clear cut forests so bored white people can slide down hills 

5 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I love you too :wub:

Good afternoon forky. A fellow Brooklynite, Ralph Green may beg to differ with you. And while forky is anxiously waiting for Billy Goat Gruff, I would like to thank Gravity for replying with an acceptable/favorite four letter word. Stay well all, as always ….

• Haha 1

Honestly if this was a just world all property of all fossil fuel companies would be seized and all their CEOs and board of directors would be clapped in handcuffs and sent to Guantanamo Bay for crimes against humanity and the planet.  The International Court at The Hague should do that and send them to an international version of Guantanamo Bay, some deep dark pit from whence they are never heard from again.

ff8fc771c77ea4ffb633775c7cbfab24.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LibertyBell said:

Unfortunately, energy is the backbone of any economy.  The greater the price, the worse it is for the poor and middle class.  Natural gas is the cleanest burning of all fossil fuels.  We need to expolit it until renewable engergy can power the world.  Even if the United States had zero emissions tomorrow, it would not put a dent in greenhouse gas emissions.

1 hour ago, Dark Star said:

Unfortunately, energy is the backbone of any economy.  The greater the price, the worse it is for the poor and middle class.  Natural gas is the cleanest burning of all fossil fuels.  We need to expolit it until renewable engergy can power the world.  Even if the United States had zero emissions tomorrow, it would not put a dent in greenhouse gas emissions.

Well with a company like Chevron they need to be punished for what they're doing to Donziger and the damages they've caused in the Amazon and failure to pay the lawsuit they lost in Ecuador.  Can't believe these companies are allowed to punish people who win class actions against them, but we are talking about crapitalism after all.

• Weenie 1

4 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Marquette has 155 inches of snow for the winter with 33 inches on the ground. 

Wow

That’s a regular winter there. I’m sure their record seasonal is around 300” and snow depth 60”+. That’s probably the snowiest small city in the US outside of the western mountains 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

I am a little surprised that this thread is not more active,,,,I mean it is not as if this event is a week away as we are now looking at 48 hours away. There is a good amount of moisture and some good trends thus far and the models are not light years apart

There are certain points every winter where the constant weird negativity given off by certain posters just gets too much and I check out. Like it seems so minor and dumb seeing weenie reacts, dumb discourse and shit alike but eventually that drags and I don’t wanna be around it. It’s kinda just the way the internet can be but honestly I think discussion suffers and unconsciously a lot of people turn away from it. I know I do. 

• Like 3

There are certain points every winter where the constant weird negativity given off by certain posters just gets too much and I check out. Like it seems so minor and dumb seeing weenie reacts, dumb discourse and shit alike but eventually that drags and I don’t wanna be around it. It’s kinda just the way the internet can be but honestly I think discussion suffers and unconsciously a lot of people turn away from it. I know I do. 

Normal late in the season stuff. Every year, I never understand the battles over things we literally have no control over.

2 minutes ago, North and West said:

I sense a business opportunity for you. I’m investing in some funds that push towards that, so why not profit while trying to make a more stable climate?

thats a good idea, I see that the city has some plans to do this by 2030 with 30% more green, and the extra benefit is more healthy, fresh food.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

True

It also gets really cold up there

Oswego would be a better location

You've got to talk to the lady and ask her how far she is willing to go.  You said she's open to moving north right? But not that far north?

If you can't get that far north getting into higher elevations is a suitable substitute.

• Like 1

thats a good idea, I see that the city has some plans to do this by 2030 with 30% more green, and the extra benefit is more healthy, fresh food.

If you literally want to put your money where your mouth is, here’s one I’ve been invested in for about 20 years or so (there are others like this, but just for the full disclosure): https://www.morningstar.com/funds/xnas/vftax/quote

“Because of its fossil-fuel screen, the portfolio currently has no exposure to energy stocks.”

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

I am a little surprised that this thread is not more active,,,,I mean it is not as if this event is a week away as we are now looking at 48 hours away. There is a good amount of moisture and some good trends thus far and the models are not light years apart

In addition to what’s been pointed out already part of it IMO is many people here just want double digit jackpot snow amounts. So if that’s not in their forecast they out. 

• Like 2

On 2/21/2022 at 5:55 PM, LibertyBell said:

Well with a company like Chevron they need to be punished for what they're doing to Donziger and the damages they've caused in the Amazon and failure to pay the lawsuit they lost in Ecuador.  Can't believe these companies are allowed to punish people who win class actions against them, but we are talking about crapitalism after all.

Capitalism is flawed, but it is the best system there and has helped the most amount of people out of poverty.  The alternative is Russia, China, Cuba...

• Like 1