Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Winter Banter

Rjay

19 hours ago, bkviking said:

I wish he was right. I never considered this before but Oil bills are out of control. Gas is a little different , but with it. 
I hate hate seeing a - EPO build now . Just screw off cold producer. Just the theme since we swapped out of -AO/-NAO period ending 2011. EPO is becoming our main producer of cold and snow since 2011. 

I got my 40” of snow here Smithtown and would love a run at a record but it ain’t happening so - not happy with change in long range models at this point in season . 

Not sure how long you've been here, but I measured 94.9" in 95-96.  My first winter here.  Was a great welcome.

PS Just 62 more inches of snow this season and we break that record ;) (I'm at 33.1").  

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Lmfaooo @ the ignorant weenies on twitter right now saying the long range models look like March, 2018 and that we are going to be telling our grandkids about this upcoming pattern and how it produces snow into April. Nothing is better than a wishcasting weenie who has no clue whatsoever what they’re talking about…I haven’t had a laugh this good in a really long time lol Here is just one example of many of the complete ignorance and utter clueless stupidity going on right now…”it’s going to snow into April” lol: 

Significant snow in April occurs at least once every decade, so it's not as big of a deal as you (or he) thinks.

9 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Significant snow in April occurs at least once every decade, so it's not as big of a deal as you (or he) thinks.

That’s just one example of the pathetic wishcasting going on right now…saying it’s going to be deep winter going into April. That aside, saying the models look like March, 2018 is the biggest joke I’ve ever seen in my entire life, like I would expect either A - JB to say that or B - An east coast weenie who is tripping on acid to say that…2018 had a severe -AO and west-based -NAO/Greenland block resulting from a record SSW event…that isn’t happening this year, like not even in the land of make believe happening this year lol

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

27 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

That’s just one example of the pathetic wishcasting going on right now…saying it’s going to be deep winter going into April. That aside, saying the models look like March, 2018 is the biggest joke I’ve ever seen in my entire life, like I would expect either A - JB to say that or B - An east coast weenie who is tripping on acid to say that…2018 had a severe -AO and west-based -NAO/Greenland block resulting from a record SSW event…that isn’t happening this year, like not even in the land of make believe happening this year lol

It's dumb to predict snow over a month out regardless of which month they're predicting for (especially so in the spring anyway.)  I'm having this discussion in the monthly thread why it's unreasonable to assume urban areas can get a 10" snowstorm after February, when we haven't had one in decades.  Honestly, going by historical data over the past few decades... a 4" snow event in early April is far more likely than a 10" snowstorm event for NYC after February.  I can give you multiple examples of 4" snowstorms in April somewhere in the NYC area from the 1980s onwards but no 10" events after February.

April 1982 (8-10")

April 1996  (4"-JFK)

April 2003 (4-8")

April 2018 (4-6")

10.0" plus all snow snowstorms in that time period after February.....

"crickets"

23 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

I'm not even sure March/April 2018 qualifies as "deep winter" since if I remember correctly for NYC at least only the early April event was all snow.  Deep winter usually means lots of snowcover that lasts for a long time and I don't recall that happening after February in my lifetime aside from the extremely anomalous April 1982 and March 1993 blizzards.

8 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

It's dumb to predict snow over a month out regardless of which month they're predicting for (especially so in the spring anyway.)  I'm having this discussion in the monthly thread why it's unreasonable to assume urban areas can get a 10" snowstorm after February, when we haven't had one in decades.  Honestly, going by historical data over the past few decades... a 4" snow event in early April is far more likely than a 10" snowstorm event for NYC after February.  I can give you multiple examples of 4" snowstorms in April somewhere in the NYC area from the 1980s onwards but no 10" events after February.

April 1982 (8-10")

April 1996  (4"-JFK)

April 2003 (4-8")

April 2018 (4-6")

10.0" plus all snow snowstorms in that time period after February.....

"crickets"

Also there is no sign we are going to have anything as cold as any of the above that late in the season so even predicting a 4" event that late in the season is extremely foolish.  1982, 1996, 2003 and 2018 were all much colder to begin with.

On 2/15/2022 at 10:01 PM, bkviking said:

I wish he was right. I never considered this before but Oil bills are out of control. Gas is a little different , but with it. 
I hate hate seeing a - EPO build now . Just screw off cold producer. Just the theme since we swapped out of -AO/-NAO period ending 2011. EPO is becoming our main producer of cold and snow since 2011. 

I got my 40” of snow here Smithtown and would love a run at a record but it ain’t happening so - not happy with change in long range models at this point in season . 

I just paiid 3.64 a gallon. When it’s this cold and with our economy COD oil prices are through the roof. Wish I would’ve locked in to a rate This year but who knew

On 2/16/2022 at 5:50 PM, snowman19 said:

Lmfaooo @ the ignorant weenies on twitter right now saying the long range models look like March, 2018 and that we are going to be telling our grandkids about this upcoming pattern and how it produces snow into April. Nothing is better than a wishcasting weenie who has no clue whatsoever what they’re talking about…I haven’t had a laugh this good in a really long time lol Here is just one example of many of the complete ignorance and utter clueless stupidity going on right now…”it’s going to snow into April” lol: 

John is alot smarter than you are 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

11 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

just came out of my monthly tarot card reading, i paired my The Sun with a 7 of Wands on the turn to confirm 0 inches of snow the rest of winter

snow weenies devastated yet again, can they possibly recover?  let's see the river

818club3zrS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

no they cannot

Good morning Will. Your last sentence reminded me of the magnificent Mr. Paul Robeson. The ballad he immortalized in “Showboat” has a stanza that I find applicable to what you are saying and to our storm threads. “I get weary. Yes I’ am sick of trying. I’m tired of living and I’m feared of dying. But Ol’ man river keeps rolling along. As always ….

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Maybe Snowman19 is just trying to keep things honest.

Lord knows that there have been plenty of surprises already this winter, temps bouncing up and down, so recognize that longer range forecasts are pretty iffy at best. Even the groundhogs don't seem to agree on the six week outlook.

That said, Red wing Blackbirds are back in Central Park, so spring is definitely imminent here in NYC.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2022 at 3:49 PM, forkyfork said:

everyone knows snowman is trolling and it still works anyway

7 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

i hope the "ski industry" collapses 

Good morning forky. There is something or perhaps a saying about a pot and a kettle. I just can’t seem to put it together. As always …..

• Like 2