Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter

Rjay

1 minute ago, Juliancolton said:

I considered posting a mini-essay about how misleading, arbitrary, and oversimplified it is but thought better of it given the pace of the board rn. Maybe when the dust settles from this storm.

Please do at some point.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I considered posting a mini-essay about how misleading, arbitrary, and oversimplified it is but thought better of it given the pace of the board rn. Maybe when the dust settles from this storm.

5 hours ago, Rjay said:

Please do at some point.  

5 hours ago, NorthShoreWx said:

but its soooo beautiful...

I’m sure it will be a well written post backed by science that will unfortunately fall on blind eyes. As pointed out, too many can’t help but fall for all the pretty colors. All we can say is…we tried to tell ‘em…

• Like 4

While awaiting this coming storm, a really good tick-tock about how a lot of humans can cause a snowstorm to snowball into a crisis.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/transportation/2022/01/27/i95-traffic-backup-winter-storm/
This was the epic emergency in Virginia and Washington in early January.  Not our forum, but ... it couldn't happen here, right?

How about a little mood music before the storm? Definitely for fans of heavier music or otherwise someone with open minded tastes:

Insomnium - Winter's Gate

A melodic death / progressive metal concept album about a group of Vikings trying to find a fabled island west of Ireland in a harsh winter. 

It's frankly incredible, give it a shot. 

https://youtu.be/IaSTSOtvIS4

13 minutes ago, Maureen said:

Don’t forget the eggs! Why is it every time it snows everyone suddenly wants French toast?

Good morning Maureen and thank you. Ah, fresh made French Toast. Since I’ve grown to depend on my live in microwave care giver, I’d forgotten. I would make it for Sunday breakfast for my lost love. Vincenza, being a smart person, requested, on occasion, that it become a late day weekend meal. Delightful memory. Please stay safe and warm. I’m under orders from the peanut gallery not to shovel. It’s been 47 years since I wore a uniform and followed ‘snap to’ orders. Only Vincenza could, on occasion, get me back into military form. As always ….

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

My son got to work on that vehicle a few years ago in his shop...no free weenies though, just a few tchotchkes.

Good morning, Irish. I’m not sure who/where the idea came from to park it in front of specific/particular forum members residences. Stay well, and be safe, as always ….

• Like 1