• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter

Rjay

I think it would be a really nice place to get back to nature and find some peace and solace far away from all the noise and commotion- and still be able to drive to all the noise and commotion when that was desired.  Can't think of many places like that.

Also: https://www.wsj.com/articles/second-homes-are-fueling-a-rebirth-in-the-poconos-11642694375

• Like 2

4 hours ago, North and West said:

Hunterdon County, New Jersey… maybe Sussex or Warren if you want more hills and forests.

I was gonna say... this region is like the Mecca of isolation a short drive from civilization. There are countless towns in Litchfield, Ulster, Pike, etc. where you can own a house miles from your neighbor, be unable to find a cell signal, and not have your road plowed until three days after it snows, while still being 90 minutes from the financial capital of the world.

• Like 4

I’m very inclined to move away from the coast. The difficult thing is my work (in Hillside, Union Co). Commuting from N / NW NJ wouldn’t be bad, but I really want out of this state. Spent all my life here and there’s too much beauty in the NE region to be stuck in a state with a ludicrous population density. Traffic makes me mad. If I can get my wife onboard I’d love to move to New Hampshire or Maine. 

Half my wife’s family is French Canadian and there may be some opportunity for a more drastic move, but of course even that is a vastly bigger deal / commitment. 

Of course if I pursued my passion for geology / volcanology there’d be an opportunity to spend time living in Iceland, which for us is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Been there four times now (in winter) and planning to go back soon. My wife surprisingly on board with that, but once again an endless escalation of commitments and an even more drastic change. Not always easy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Volcanic Winter said:

I’m very inclined to move away from the coast. The difficult thing is my work (in Hillside, Union Co). Commuting from N / NW NJ wouldn’t be bad, but I really want out of this state. Spent all my life here and there’s too much beauty in the NE region to be stuck in a state with a ludicrous population density. Traffic makes me mad. If I can get my wife onboard I’d love to move to New Hampshire or Maine. 

Half my wife’s family is French Canadian and there may be some opportunity for a more drastic move, but of course even that is a vastly bigger deal / commitment. 

Of course if I pursued my passion for geology / volcanology there’d be an opportunity to spend time living in Iceland, which for us is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Been there four times now (in winter) and planning to go back soon. My wife surprisingly on board with that, but once again an endless escalation of commitments and an even more drastic change. Not always easy. 

Good afternoon V W. Please follow your dream. Even in difficulty but with your love by your side, follow it. Too many of us are left, as the days grow short, with only the dream. As always …

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2022 at 8:34 AM, MJO812 said:

Im pissed because this might be my last winter that I will be able to track non stop and post alot on here.

My fiancee already hates when I'm on here all the time tracking storms. I'm getting married in May.

You dont get it. Once you are married you can do what you want...she gonna divorce you because of it? come on...keep being you 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Volcanic Winter said:

I would move out of this country if i had that chance, Go to Iceland and then move to Canada...

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Torch said:

Looking at the latest guidance for the weekend:

immediately heading out for milk, juice, eggs, Smirnoff 

and gas this morning.

Good morning Torch. Ah a Smirnoff omelet and juice chaser. Great way to start and end the day simultaneously. Stay well, as always …..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

Well at least they are a real NY team. the NJ teams are total failures lol

So like, the imaginary lines in the ground do not discount the Jets and Giants being NYC teams but also as someone who grew up in NJ I'm deeply offended by you weirdly bringing it up.

DescriptiveHorribleHarborseal-size_restr

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Nibor said:

So like, the imaginary lines in the ground do not discount the Jets and Giants being NYC teams but also as someone who grew up in NJ I'm deeply offended by you weirdly bringing it up.

Lol I used to be a Giants fan.  I got fed up with how they treated Eli and how they mismanaged their players and the drafting of a Duke QB.  They are way behind the times and they need new ownership not just a new GM.  Their former GM should have been fired and kicked out on his ass in the middle of the season and not allowed to "retire" or whatever he did.

I don't like the Bills or even the city of Buffalo (it's full of corruption).

55 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Good evening Nibor. Both states deserve better. Why not remove the state/city identifier and refer to them as the Coastal Plain Giants/Jets. Our winters expectations/results and their performances would be in tandem. As always ….

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

why is it called a chaser?  who is doing the chasing and who is being chased?

Good evening Liberty. It’s a drink consumed after a shot of hard liquor….. the orange juice would be the chaser after eating a hard liquor infused omelette. As always …

• Thanks 1