Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter

Rjay

3 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

i keep my immune system healthy by getting plenty of sleep and not staying up late to get the latest output from the 3K Romanian and the Kenyan Forecast System on the 0.25" of sleet expected to move through between 11:30 PM and 2 AM on Saturday night

How dare you. The 3k Romanian was instrumental to the forecast of Jan 2016 and the KFS was second only to the Euro for Boxing Day.

My completely non-scientific research tells me that while we all claim here to love the cold weather, it’s actually not true. Cold and dry, like when some of us were kids? Nope. We want snow. That’s what we’re here for. Mild weather, cold for a day with big snow, cold for a day or two afterwards, mild again. And repeat.

The cold and dry just leads to annoyance amongst the posters.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, North and West said:

My completely non-scientific research tells me that while we all claim here to love the cold weather, it’s actually not true. Cold and dry, like when some of us were kids? Nope. We want snow. That’s what we’re here for. Mild weather, cold for a day with big snow, cold for a day or two afterwards, mild again. And repeat.

The cold and dry just leads to annoyance amongst the posters.

If we get to the 30th without anything to show for it then I want to burn this winter to the ground.

One of the most frustrating periods I've seen. Nothing but close calls topped with useless cold. 

I'll take the torch winters over this crap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

Im pissed because this might be my last winter that I will be able to track non stop and post alot on here.

My fiancee already hates when I'm on here all the time tracking storms. I'm getting married in May.

Good morning Anthony. “Per cent ‘anni”. Be thankful you didn’t plan a cold season wedding. When you and your love are back from the honeymoon I look forward to the both of you discouraging any back door cold fronts that want to ruin any late spring warmth. I always like to believe that loving couple partnerships are a major contributor to the UHI effect. As always ….

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Im pissed because this might be my last winter that I will be able to track non stop and post alot on here.

My fiancee already hates when I'm on here all the time tracking storms. I'm getting married in May.

Your pissed? Anthony, think how devastated S19 will be. As always …..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wait until you have kids. Then you’ll be on and be like, who are these people and why are they so crazy.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Move to the Poconos dude.  You can still get to the city in 2 hours and the annual snowfall average in Mt Pocono is around 70 inches.  It snows there in ANY pattern.  Right off I-80 too and a 2 hour straight shot from there to the city.  They get noreasters, they get clippers, they even get lake effect snow.  It makes a big difference being over 2000 ft above sea level.

Also the summer nights there are really cool and my place there has never had or needed any air conditioning.

You don't deal with the high population density or all the pollution of having millions of people around either.

5 hours ago, MJO812 said:

I'm going to watch the webcams tomorrow from the southern states during their snow event 

Good afternoon Anthony. Don’t let on to the exact time and/or place. Some of our more creative South forum members just might leave a message for us in the accumulating snow. As always ….

8 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Move to the Poconos dude.  You can still get to the city in 2 hours and the annual snowfall average in Mt Pocono is around 70 inches.  It snows there in ANY pattern.  Right off I-80 too and a 2 hour straight shot from there to the city.

Anthony, Liberty means well with his sincere suggestion. Please don’t do it. The atmosphere, with a sense of humor, will set up several DJF coastal gradient events with the heavy snow line ending on the north Bronx/Queens border. Irish, Julian and Gravity will be putting up likeness posters of you on all the fir/oak trees in their areas. The only upside is the profit you will make from the bidding war between S19 and forky to buy your property to insure that you move back to Brooklyn. As always …. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, rclab said:

Anthony, Liberty means well with his sincere suggestion. Please don’t do it. The atmosphere, with a sense of humor, will set up several DJF coastal gradient events with the heavy snow line ending on the north Bronx/Queens border. Irish, Julian and Gravity will be putting up likeness posters of you on all the fir/oak trees in their areas. The only upside is the profit you will make from the bidding war between S19 and forky to buy your property to insure that you move back to Brooklyn. As always …. 

I was thinking he should surprise his new bride with it as a wedding gift.

"HEY HONEY, LOOK WHAT I GOT FOR YOU AS A WEDDING GIFT?!  A LOG CABIN IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE WHERE IT SNOWS FROM OCTOBER THRU MAY!  YOU CAN HELP ME SHOVEL IT TOO!  DOESN'T THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY?  JUST LOOK OUT FOR THE BEARS THEY'RE REALLY HUNGRY THIS TIME OF YEAR!"

(new wife starts looking for a divorce lawyer.....)

9 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

I was thinking he should surprise his new bride with it as a wedding gift.

"HEY HONEY, LOOK WHAT I GOT FOR YOU AS A WEDDING GIFT?!  A LOG CABIN IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE WHERE IT SNOWS FROM OCTOBER THRU MAY!  YOU CAN HELP ME SHOVEL IT TOO!  DOESN'T THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY?  JUST LOOK OUT FOR THE BEARS THEY'RE REALLY HUNGRY THIS TIME OF YEAR!"

(new wife starts looking for a divorce lawyer.....)

Liberty in almost 45 years of marriage I was never able to surprise Vincenza. Vincenza, my full blooded Sicilian partner was always, at least, two steps ahead of me. As it turned out, that was for the best. I, personally, would have liked the cabin though. Stay well. As always …..

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rclab said:

Liberty in almost 45 years of marriage I was never able to surprise Vincenza. Vincenza, my full blooded Sicilian partner was always, at least, two steps ahead of me. As it turned out, that was for the best. I, personally, would have liked the cabin though. Stay well. As always …..

I think it would be a really nice place to get back to nature and find some peace and solace far away from all the noise and commotion- and still be able to drive to all the noise and commotion when that was desired.  Can't think of many places like that.

• Like 3

I think it would be a really nice place to get back to nature and find some peace and solace far away from all the noise and commotion- and still be able to drive to all the noise and commotion when that was desired.  Can't think of many places like that.

Hunterdon County, New Jersey… maybe Sussex or Warren if you want more hills and forests.

• Like 2