Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Winter Banter

Rjay

14 minutes ago, VideoBufferMX said:

Dropped a Wells Fargo sample today :: (bank delayed my deposit more than 3 days ... ) : was curious to see what is going on inside the bank as 0.01% savings (Way2Save) rate seems fishy. How this relates to winter? Well, tough explanation... Sun core (control system of some sort) depends on planet configuration. Money spent on common Earth resources such as copper, silicon, iron etc. create some form of crust disbalance causing abnormal weather patterns. Atl ocean heats more and becomes very volatile and SST anomalous.

So here I found this (attached picture) let's call this simply "Bermuda Triangle MDR area". What this problem is stating - alphabet emergency pyramid. What I found in this book was a problem about water molecules or similar perhaps talking about programming weather models or similar but not much further theory about this. (book is called C Primer Plus). Usual winter storm tracks traverse quite away of the Bermuda triangle area.

MDR - Major Digging Response (Main Development Region)

Some thoughts for scientific exploration...

Let me know if you want the source code and one of possible optimal solutions based on the C programming language.

CPP_PRIMER_PLUS.jpg

DOLLAR_PYR.jpg

JgjqmuT.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, MJO812 said:

We live in the worst spot for snow. Let's move NYC to the lakes.

We do and we dont..though we dont get snow consistently, when we do its usually bigly. 

We experienced a decade+ of super intense winter storms. Lets not get depressed because one year might not produce ..

With warming ocean waters , its only a matter of time we experience something ridiculous. Patience is a virtue

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Easier for you to move to the Great Lakes.  NYC is such a huge city for a reason....if it had a snowier climate like those cities do, a lot fewer people would live in NYC.

The three snowiest cities in the United States (Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo) are all in New York State. Unfortunately NYC is the last place in the state you want to be for snow. 

2 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

The three snowiest cities in the United States (Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo) are all in New York State. Unfortunately NYC is the last place in the state you want to be for snow. 

Yep and even if there is a snowstorm, unless it's a foot plus, the snow never really accumulates on the streets.

11 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

This area is a thread the needle kind of region.

You don't see this kind of shit happening in the Midwest.

The same dynamics are everywhere. If you end up on the east side of the storm you get rain. BTW most Midwestern cities average less snow per season than NYC. Even Chicago only averages 7 inches more per season than NYC. Hardly worth moving for. 

I lived in Madison for several years. Cold and boring weather. 

• Like 2

Just now, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

The same dynamics are everywhere. If you end up on the east side of the storm you get rain. BTW most Midwestern cities average less snow per season than NYC. Even Chicago only averages 7 inches more per season than NYC. Hardly worth moving for. 

I lived in Madison for several years. Cold and boring weather. 

I guess if you get far enough north you dont have much of a risk of cutting storms.  I was thinking of Minneapolis.

5 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Waste of a Miller A

It looks more like a Miller B to me. Storm drops south through the Plains/Midwest, then east, then turns the corner. Primary into north GA redevelops to the coast. Then that SLP moves nnw into SPA and redevelops again.

I thought Jan. 7 was a Miller A because it did not drop south through the midwest, formed in the Southeast and moved up the coast will very little evidence of redevelopment.

I dislike the Miller classification system. I think it's way too oversimplified. It was developed in the 1940s, before the satellite era, when meteorology was in its infancy. Storms come in so many shapes and sizes. Labeling them A and B does not do justice. Even then I think most people get it wrong.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MJO812 said:

We live in the worst spot for snow. Let's move NYC to the lakes.

7 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

hazy and humid here

6 hours ago, Nibor said:

tumblr_lxpazeIXXW1rn95k2o1_400.gif

4 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

snow is for nerds

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Way too cold for me in the midwest

1 hour ago, Torch said:

I barely can manage to get a a 100w lightbulb to work.

31 minutes ago, VideoBufferMX said:

Simply this is off the charts (both P=VI and V=IR) due to thermodynamics in the atmosphere Excessive Heat Warning... Play w/ these formulas and look at the models GFSv16 is loaded w/ this math formulas.

Good morning everyone. I’ve come to the personal conclusion that our forums Storm anticipation threads hold the key on how to avoid age onset dementia. Anthony, a fine author by the name of James Blish wrote a marvelous story called ‘Cities In Flight’ in it a device called a spin dizzy (made colloquial for the masses) was developed to move Manhattan Island. If you join forces with VBMX and create a similar device you could move the five boroughs, near suburbs and all of Long Island to the extreme north Maine Coast. We just rename ourselves the way way north NYC forum. Considering how the interpretation of any suggestion may be skewed I’d appreciate any hide out suggestions from any/all of the above members. Thank you all for another grey matter exercise morning. As always ….

• Like 1
  • Haha 2