• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter

Rjay

Idk about you guys, but I'd prefer a nickel to dime event that will stay on the untreated surfaces for at least a week, than a double digit snowfall that melts down within a week. Snow with staying-power usurps puddles. I'm so far enjoying Winter 2022 and wouldn't mind this past week to repeat. 

52 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Is there a set date that they are done for you? 12/26?

Its usually whenever siriusxm pulls the plug, 26th or 27th. But that kinda is played by ear. If we had a wintry week of weather between christmas and new years, the music probably stays on. But i dont mind moving on quickly from it since i start it so early lol

• Like 1

Just now, Brian5671 said:

I kill it on 12/26.   Can't wait to take down the dead wreaths and tree every year but we hold off til 1/1 for that.

You'll love this...my girlfriend and I kept our artificial tree up all year after Christmas 2020.  We were so bummed out over the virus (especially pre-vaccine) that we needed something to make us smile when things got really heavy.  She's a nurse at a hospital, so she was also going through some major stress for obvious reasons.  I recall some people putting their holiday lights up in the early days of the pandemic to lift people's spirits.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

My live tree stays up until it starts dropping needles (and being something of a horticulturalist, I know how to pick 'em). Lasted well into March a few years ago although late Jan/early Feb is more typical.

Two years ago when we were taking down the tree in early January we noticed new growth on it and that was the second time over the years I had that happen. 

10 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Two years ago when we were taking down the tree in early January we noticed new growth on it and that was the second time over the years I had that happen. 

Wow.  Mine stopped taking water around 12/25 or so, then it really starts to dry out.  I worry about it being a fire hazard so it's the first thing to go on the 1st of Jan, then the rest of the lights/decorations.

• Like 1

We leave the tree and outdoor lights going until my son's birthday, which is this coming week.  It's a family thing.

One of the plusses is finally having snow on the outdoor tree.  I have a 15 foot dwarf Alberta spruce (the kind that aren't supposed to get that big) that I wrap with white lights.  Looked great last night.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Taking down my Christmas  tree today

Very depressing 

Good evening Anthony. I always felt the same way and would play carols as I was taking it down. My lost love knew how I felt but wanted the house in order and the children, including me, settled and focused. Vincenza bought the sign in the top memory room photo. As was her way, without a word, it just appeared. It makes me feel better, at holidays end, even to this day. The second photo is the little tree we enjoyed for our last Christmas together. She passed 31 days into the new year and I eventually moved it to our memory room. I keep it up and lit all year it blinks on and off, very slowly. Depressing, yes but forever no. Your future, Anthony, is bright and not alone. I keep my little tree up because it is all I have for a final Christmas memory and will keep it with me. Stay well and next when you look at your love remember the sign. “In the meadow we can build a snowman”. As always …..
D6FB8BB7-299D-4D10-9EFB-476C6C59B4EF.thumb.jpeg.6a43c3037bddbe2cce385bfb7b7112de.jpeg32D4686D-9448-4A81-BC06-72ECC90395B3.thumb.jpeg.2fafb76c1af1ced6b80606f4725b7019.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Sad 4

16 hours ago, rclab said:

Good evening Anthony. I always felt the same way and would play carols as I was taking it down. My lost love knew how I felt but wanted the house in order and the children, including me, settled and focused. Vincenza bought the sign in the top memory room photo. As was her way, without a word, it just appeared. It makes me feel better, at holidays end, even to this day. The second photo is the little tree we enjoyed for our last Christmas together. She passed 31 days into the new year and I eventually moved it to our memory room. I keep it up and lit all year it blinks on and off, very slowly. Depressing, yes but forever no. Your future, Anthony, is bright and not alone. I keep my little tree up because it is all I have for a final Christmas memory and will keep it with me. Stay well and next when you look at your love remember the sign. “In the meadow we can build a snowman”. As always …..
D6FB8BB7-299D-4D10-9EFB-476C6C59B4EF.thumb.jpeg.6a43c3037bddbe2cce385bfb7b7112de.jpeg32D4686D-9448-4A81-BC06-72ECC90395B3.thumb.jpeg.2fafb76c1af1ced6b80606f4725b7019.jpeg

beautiful

your posts always make me feel less alone rclab

• Thanks 1