Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter

Rjay

6 minutes ago, Rjay said:

I used to watch him when I was a kid.  I remember him using that 5 days before the blizzard of '96.   

Do you remember how spot on he was in 1993-94?

The night before all of those two dozen events he said that it would be colder than forecast and we'd get more snow and frozen and he was right every time.

6 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Do you remember how spot on he was in 1993-94?

The night before all of those two dozen events he said that it would be colder than forecast and we'd get more snow and frozen and he was right every time.

Nope. I was 10/11 lol.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rjay said:

Nope. I was 10/11 lol.  

Must've had a bed time curfew before 11 lol.  During the hourly newscast he'd come on around 10:15 and say he was waiting for the latest models to come in but he thought that the amounts would be higher than originally forecast.

And then he came on at 10:45 and that's exactly what the models showed and he upped his predictions to match.

10 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Must've had a bed time curfew before 11 lol.  During the hourly newscast he'd come on around 10:15 and say he was waiting for the latest models to come in but he thought that the amounts would be higher than originally forecast.

And then he came on at 10:45 and that's exactly what the models showed and he upped his predictions to match.

The best part was that all the weather folks from the major networks came on within a 10 minute window so I'd watch them all one by one.  

• Like 2

Wasn’t there a winter in the 2010s that was just as good or close to it? 

Maybe? 2014 was nice for that, and we had some good storms during the decade, but 1994 stuck out for the main reason that it was record cold, countless ice and snow events, and then some big snow in February.

This happened after years of nothing… it’s extra special like when your team wins for the first time in years.

It also helped that I was 11 and grew up BEGGING for it to snow throughout elementary school and it seemingly never, ever did, and I had to sit and watch the weather channel and marni stanier’s ceiling fan infomercial while waiting on the five day business planner :50 after the hour.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rjay said:

The best part was that all the weather folks from the major networks came on within a 10 minute window so I'd watch them all one by one.  

That sounds just like me!  I had no internet back then (I dont think it even existed) and I didn't even have cable tv so it was all about the major networks plus 5, 9, 11 and PBS.

• Like 1