Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter

Rjay

30 minutes ago, RippleEffect said:

i have a feeling the pandemic will be over once this covid case surge peaks this january. i just had a dream it's going to be gone within 6 months. obviously the virus will still be there but it's going to get a lot less media!

I'm old enough to remember "the virus will go away after the election."

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RippleEffect said:

lol 

just two weeks to flatten the curve

wear a mask 

wear a double mask

get vaccinated

no need for masks

no need to social distance

get booster

if you get vaxxed you can't contract the disease

if you get vaxxed you cant pass the disease

if you get vaxxed you will not die

these are statements from our president and his administration and the cdc! 

not sure what's going on can someone help me understand why are we being lied to here. is there a grand reset of schemes? or is there really a virus that's threatening mankind!

the ancient egyptians first discovered cancer and concluded there was no treatment. we shouldn't bother trying to cure it

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

just wanted to let everyone know tomorrow is my 20th anniversary of being on AmWx :wub:

Good morning Will. I’m sure you could pen quite a tome describing weather forum post drama. I remember frequenting the north eastern site as a guest in the late nineties. A young DT was one of the contentious post contributors. Judging from the “extreme” give and take I’m not even sure if moderators were even present at that time. By todays standards and my recollection, it was the wild west of forum experiences. Stay well and I pray I’m still here when/if you announce 30. As always …

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rclab said:

Good morning Will. I’m sure you could pen quite a tome describing weather forum post drama. I remember frequenting the north eastern site as a guest in the late nineties. A young DT was one of the contentious post contributors. Judging from the “extreme” give and take I’m not even sure if moderators were even present at that time. By todays standards and my recollection, it was the wild west of forum experiences. Stay well and I pray I’m still here when/if you announce 30. As always …

i actually lied i've only been here like 6 years or something, i just wanted to make a post in Winter Banter

i am completely ungovernable rclab

have you actually been on these forums for 20+ years?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

i actually lied i've only been here like 6 years or something, i just wanted to make a post in Winter Banter

A lot of us have been. What a colossal waste of time :D

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

As a guest yes. I go back so far that I remember an upset, very young, DT going after some one who said that he (DT) said uncomplimentary things about JB. JB would often read the forum pages and would comment on them ( especially the negatives ) in his ‘then’ free weather page. Near the end before that forums dissolution, sans moderation, it could have been called the age of vipers. As always ….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

under the heading stuff nobody cares about I found a discrepancy for the December 1947 big storm and the total monthly snowfall...I have almanacs showing Central Park getting 26.4" on December 26th-27th 1947...the final monthly snowfall was 29.6" for the most ever in December...I checked the latest snowfall table for Central Park and its 30.2" in December 1947...the original local climate data has 25.8" for the storm and 29.6" for the month......

IPS-05E658F3-9C01-465E-9E26-2DA36EA08E70.pdf (noaa.gov)

Climate (weather.gov)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, STORMANLI said:

It's weather data; never something not to be cared about.

Nice link,wow, the old WB 1024a!

Not sure what they use now.

there is actually a site called stuff nobody cares about and it has some weather records in there...

Stuff Nobody Cares About - A not so random collection of observations about things you should care about

6 hours ago, uncle W said:

under the heading stuff nobody cares about I found a discrepancy for the December 1947 big storm and the total monthly snowfall...I have almanacs showing Central Park getting 26.4" on December 26th-27th 1947...the final monthly snowfall was 29.6" for the most ever in December...I checked the latest snowfall table for Central Park and its 30.2" in December 1947...the original local climate data has 25.8" for the storm and 29.6" for the month......

IPS-05E658F3-9C01-465E-9E26-2DA36EA08E70.pdf (noaa.gov)

Climate (weather.gov)

so they added 0.6" to the storm total?

3 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

Fun fact from Galveston. With 7 80-degree days this month, 2021 has more such days (7) than the combined December 1874-2020 total (4).

Everyone had a meltdown when I mentioned CC in the New England forum. 

I don't understand why it's so triggering to people and how is a scientific fact political. It's like saying 2+2=4 is controversial.

But you can't ignore it. We are crushing past records.  

• Like 2