Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter

Rjay

4 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

The last scene in A Christmas Story…the mother and father watching the snowfall while sitting next to the christmas tree, Silent Night playing, is cinematic perfection. Best scene in christmas movie history. 

The old man could replace fuses faster than a jackrabbit on a date. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, rclab said:

Good morning and Merry Christmas. Thank you. This photo I’ve saved. It not only dragged me into the light this morning but gave me something to give my daughters when they tell me. “Well, what can we give you Dad” I’ll fund the ingredients if they can reproduce this masterpiece it will be well worth it. As always.

it's too pretty to eat!

• Like 1

How can anyone pay money to read this clown? Bust after bust year after year. First it was an arctic cold and snowy late November through the New Year, then ooops, cold and snowy early December, nevermind, cold and snowy mid December, nah, I meant cold and snowy late December….now it’s delayed but not denied cold and snowy early January. Snake oil salesman, he is the worst of the worst. Dreadful. Even Henry Margusity isn’t this bad

1 minute ago, snowman19 said:

How can anyone pay money to read this clown? Bust after bust year after year. First it was an arctic cold and snowy late November through the New Year, then ooops, cold and snowy early December, nevermind, cold and snowy mid December, nah I meant cold and snowy late December….now it’s delayed but not denied cold and snowy early January. Snake oil salesman, he is the worst of the worst. Dreadful. Even Henry Margusity isn’t this bad

Idk what's worse, his politics or his weather forecasts.

He called for global cooling in the 2010s & instead there was an acceleration in warming. 

It's the same song and dance every year. Big cold & snows in the east or major hurricane strike in the northeast.

Eventually he'll be right but so is a dead clock. 

• Like 3

Here's something you don't see this time of year.

The rain was preceded by a significant ice storm (and snow before that).  Precipitation/snowfall in Fairbanks has been way above normal for December.  

Meanwhile, the summer weather in the deep south features some energetic thunderstorms in Chicagoland tonight, and more than 1 round of them at that.

20211227_024750.png

3 hours ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Here's something you don't see this time of year.

The rain was preceded by a significant ice storm (and snow before that).  Precipitation/snowfall in Fairbanks has been way above normal for December.  

Meanwhile, the summer weather in the deep south features some energetic thunderstorms in Chicagoland tonight, and more than 1 round of them at that.

20211227_024750.png

Nice find, they should be -40. That’s one hell of a departure and incredibly anomalous. I would like to see some more stats!  

1 hour ago, Rjay said:

+35

Screenshot_20211227-070957_Chrome.jpg

Good morning Rjay. Interesting, perhaps a bit frightening and certainly challenging for the folks living in the Fairbanks area. I took note of the degree day statistics. I would follow them for CPK in my younger days. I remember, at the time, you could judge the winter in the city by the final degree day season total. Over 5,000 indicated a cold winter and I believe 1,000 was the minimum cold indicator for DJF. Since July 1st we are at a total of 1,214 (newspaper stat.) As always ….

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

found a saw whet owl friend today

IMG_3856.jpg

Good evening forky. I had Look it up. I wish his eyes had been open. The face is beautiful. The brief descriptions I read stated that the males often stay close to the breeding grounds as the females migrate. I sometimes wonder why we pursue artificial beauty to stimulate the senses when there is so much of the natural very close to us. As always …..

• Like 4