Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter

Rjay

• Rjay pinned this topic

i just realized i am the antimatter to walter drag

walter is a fastidious professional who has dedicated his life to science and civil service, and continues his contributions in retirement, on this forum, out of a love for weather

i have been here seven years and cannot read a hodograph

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Will - Rutgers said:

i just realized i am the antimatter to walter drag

walter is a fastidious professional who has dedicated his life to science and civil service, and continues his contributions in retirement, on this forum, out of a love for weather

i have been here seven years and cannot read a hodograph

Good early morning Will. What in blazes is a hodograph? As always ….

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rclab said:

Good early morning Will. What in blazes is a hodograph? As always ….

I apologize before I get Will zapped. I looked it up …” a diagram that gives a vectorial visual representation of the movement of a body or a fluid”. It’s a rather exciting definition. It could be applied to the atmosphere or a pole dancer. As always ….

• Like 3

:lol:       

Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 22. Wind chill values as low as -6. Strong and damaging winds, with a southwest wind 95 to 105 mph decreasing to 85 to 95 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 160 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Dan76 said:

:lol:       

Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 22. Wind chill values as low as -6. Strong and damaging winds, with a southwest wind 95 to 105 mph decreasing to 85 to 95 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 160 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

how much for philly

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

You gotta love the people that see this and say “OMG!  How could this happen?  This is crazy!  Snow in Hawaii?  That’s never happened before!”

I imagine, Irish, that there is nothing more uncomfortable than an iced hula skirt, even before sitting. As always …

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IrishRob17 said:

I can speak from experience…yes. 

If you were able to post a photo narrative of that experience, it would lift the spirits of many of us struggling with depressing news and weather. I’m sure the citizens of our 50th state would also understand. As always ..

55 minutes ago, rclab said:

If you were able to post a photo narrative of that experience, it would lift the spirits of many of us struggling with depressing news and weather. I’m sure the citizens of our 50th state would also understand. As always ..

If he posts a photo of himself in a hula skirt with shrinkage its a permaban

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

17 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I've given up trying to explain it to people. "Nah, everyone knows the earliest sunset is on the solstice!"

...yes, of course, silly me

I've yet to have anyone adequately explain why sunrises and sunsets are so out of sync with each other.  My perfectionism makes me want humans to geoengineer the planet to "make it so"

5 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

I've yet to have anyone adequately explain why sunrises and sunsets are so out of sync with each other.  My perfectionism makes me want humans to geoengineer the planet to "make it so"

I’m thinking you work on using the multi-quote option here before we get into geoengineering

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

21 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

You hacked my social media you sand bagging son of a bitch!  
(I haven’t had hair like that on top of my head since the fifth grade!)

Good evening, Irish. I do not belong to any of the popular/current media outlets, so you’ll have to forgive an old gents naïveté. I thought it was really you. As always ….

• Haha 4