Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

19 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Talking to my cpa/tax attorney: Tons of tax “mistakes” and issues this year at the state and fed level. Total incompetence. 

I've always done my taxes save for one year we paid H&R Block as a check.  They came out just like I had so they must've been right.  :lol:
Going thru an accountant this time because I've got both regular and pension income (hopefully will understand how to handle pension thereby) plus a nasty bite from SSI.  Was aware of the last but it's still odd that a 40% cut in income counts as a "windfall".

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’ve got about 35% of my propane left. I usually fill up in the spring but this year I’m going to roll the dice and probably wait until late summer or fall 

I would take that chance too, I got lucky and got my oil tank filled before it went crazy and haven't used much of it since I've been burning wood.

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Gas has been pinned at 4.39 at the station near my house for well over a week now., even with crude dropping over 30 dollars a barrel.

You can bet if it rose 30 dollars a barrel they couldn’t get those price hikes out fast enough, but now we can’t even get a small decrease 

High here was $4.39, with lower crude they lowered it to $4.37, big whoop. They always raise it much faster than lower it.

Today the senate passed a bill to make Daylight Saving Time permanent.  Now it goes to the house.  Bad news for model watching in the winter.

I'm old enough to remember this was tried once before when I was a kid.  Everyone thought it was a great idea until people had to wake up and go to school and work in darkness.  Sunrise would be after 8am in the winter.  Even worse for the people in the northwest part of each time zone.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Today the senate passed a bill to make Daylight Saving Time permanent.  Now it goes to the house.  Bad news for model watching in the winter.

I'm old enough to remember this was tried once before when I was a kid.  Everyone thought it was a great idea until people had to wake up and go to school and work in darkness.  Sunrise would be after 8am in the winter.  Even worse for the people in the northwest part of each time zone.  

I hope it passes. I'm guessing it became law here around the same time as in Germany. 1917. Back then electric lighting was way more limited than now. 

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Isn’t that the issue though? Lol. That it’s not well.

I personally find the switching back and forth shit irritating. Pick one or the other 

Then stay with EST and like it, Your going to give it up on one end or the other, I don't see an issue leaving it as is.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

I can’t wait for 815am darkness in January.

Who cares? you're at work anyway, or sleeping in on the weekend.  The chickens don't care what type of time we're on so you can get up later now. Plus it's nice to have light at the end of the work day to do things.  I'm loving it since the weekend change it's awesome.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Whineminster said:

Who cares? you're at work anyway, or sleeping in on the weekend.  The chickens don't care what type of time we're on so you can get up later now. Plus it's nice to have light at the end of the work day to do things.  I'm loving it since the weekend change it's awesome.

I’m a morning person. I’m up at 530am for work. I’m up at 6am on the weekends regardless. It’s healthier for your circadian rhythm to be waking up with the light and going to bed with the dark. That’s one thing Kevin definitely gets correct. I like changing the clocks to adjust for the changing daylight. It’s 1 freaking hour twice per year. How hard is it to adjust? Most people don’t go to bed the same time every night anyway. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’m a morning person. I’m up at 530am for work. I’m up at 6am on the weekends regardless. It’s healthier for your circadian rhythm to be waking up with the light and going to bed with the dark. That’s one thing Kevin definitely gets correct. I like changing the clocks to adjust for the changing daylight. It’s 1 freaking hour twice per year. How hard is it to adjust? Most people don’t go to bed the same time every night anyway. 

Do you get up between midnight and 2 AM to eat and have sex like they did in the Middle Ages, though? They say that's how we used to do things before electric lights. Two sleeps/segmented sleep.

• Haha 2