Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

Has the UN issued a strongly worded statement yet? LOL

All of the apparatuses of the post-WWII world that people assumed would prevent this sort of thing seem completely powerless to stop it.

The world has changed and the US needs to come to grips with that. Europe needs to start funding its own security. Same with Japan and South Korea.

• Thanks 1

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Churchill knew he had allies to help him militarily,  I'm not so sure the Ukraine does.

It's a balkanized state, and I don't think the regime there is popular. Not sure many people want to die for it. I think there is a decent chance they just flee and a Russian puppet regime is installed.

• Weenie 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

It's a balkanized state, and I don't think the regime there is popular. Not sure many people want to die for it. I think there is a decent chance they just flee and a Russian puppet regime is installed.

Hate to say it but that might be the best short term outcome.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Did the Ukrainians have a revolution in 2013 to kick out the Russian puppet regime and establish closer trade ties with the EU?

2 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Did the Ukrainians have a revolution in 2013 to kick out the Russian puppet regime and establish closer trade ties with the EU?

Some (like the Russians) say that "revolution" was sponsored by the US/CIA and not the will of the majority of the people. It's a complicated place. That's what I meant by balkanized. They are not a homogeneous bloc culturally or ethnically. I could see the country fracturing easily, as is happening.

• Weenie 1