Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

4 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

So this is it for me with snow observations over what's left of the season.  This house is in foreclosure and I'm moving into an apartment in the middle of the year. 

Sorry to hear my friend. Hopefully the new place is good to you. Maybe we can get one more big dog before this season is over. 

So this is it for me with snow observations over what's left of the season.  This house is in foreclosure and I'm moving into an apartment in the middle of the year. 

Hey man...Am sorry to hear this.  I hope that you will be able to get yourself to a better situation soon. 

There has been a crazy amount of military planes and formations of helicopters flying really low along Long Island Sound the last few days. Seems we are on high alert. 

I heard a squadron of F-35s stopped in Burlington VT the other night at 3am on their way to Europe and woke a lot of people up. 

Sorry to hear that. It’s been a difficult stretch for you, hope you ride it out and get well soon. Stay positive.

2 minutes ago, BrianW said:

There has been a crazy amount of military planes and formations of helicopters flying really low along Long Island Sound the last few days. Seems we are on high alert. 

I heard a squadron of F-35s stopped in Burlington VT the other night at 3am on their way to Europe and woke a lot of people up. 

Prepping for/if Russia responds to our Ukraine support?

17 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Where is your forever community? 

Probably a bit more south. We were looking hard last year and made some offers, but the market was just too stupid...it still is IMO. At the same time, we like this neighborhood, and the elementary school is good with a brand new junior high built, so we aren't in a rush to move. 

24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Probably a bit more south. We were looking hard last year and made some offers, but the market was just too stupid...it still is IMO. At the same time, we like this neighborhood, and the elementary school is good with a brand new junior high built, so we aren't in a rush to move. 

Closer to the Plymouth huh. Yea. You would have gotten max value for your house but then you’re overpaying for the new one with bidding wars. The only caveat was good interest rates. Passively looking is probably the way to go for now. 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Closer to the Plymouth huh. Yea. You would have gotten max value for your house but then you’re overpaying for the new one with bidding wars. The only caveat was good interest rates. Passively looking is probably the way to go for now. 

Maybe Hanover area. NW of PYM. 

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Hanover and Norwell are nice… those are part of my area for work.

Yeah and both are pricey lol. My wife’s parents live in Hanover and my folks live in Marshfield. Hanover is a nice town. Right on rt3 and can get to the PYM/cape or Boston easily. Rt53 has a lot of stores/restaurants etc.  But for now I’m cool here. 

A powerful Arctic front has engulfed the majority of Eastern Asia of late. Low temperature records are being toppled, as are snowfall benchmarks–particularity in Japan, but also in China…

The Chinese city of Xiamen, Fujian province (24N) witnessed extremely rare flakes on Sunday morning — it was the first time the city had seen snow in 129 years, since January of 1893.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

This is cool. I like this style of forecast. 

BB1CBF71-9A55-468B-A0FF-4DBCD7D6B4ED.jpeg

We drove through that area on vacation a few years ago.  100°+ in Kingman was down to upper 60's low 70's and raining by the time we reached Williams.  We stayed there and took the train to the Grand Canyon.  I think I could live in that area of Arizona

14 hours ago, 78Blizzard said:

A powerful Arctic front has engulfed the majority of Eastern Asia of late. Low temperature records are being toppled, as are snowfall benchmarks–particularity in Japan, but also in China…

The Chinese city of Xiamen, Fujian province (24N) witnessed extremely rare flakes on Sunday morning — it was the first time the city had seen snow in 129 years, since January of 1893.

Our son had a cm or 2 in downtown Nagoya yesterday.  They're at 35N but in a coastal city of 2.6 million so plenty of UHI.  The Japanese Alps must be getting buried.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mreaves said:

We drove through that area on vacation a few years ago.  100°+ in Kingman was down to upper 60's low 70's and raining by the time we reached Williams.  We stayed there and took the train to the Grand Canyon.  I think I could live in that area of Arizona

The road from Sedona to Flagstaff is one of my absolute favorite drives.  Would highly recommend.