• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

Thanks guys.  I like both but this time of year I'm winding down my stout inventory, not adding to it.  I might pick up a 2pack of stout, but they're pretty steep.  Mostly shooting for IPAs today. I see they have a drive through option.  My mom lives 2 miles away but I've never stopped in, at least since Monson.

3 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Thanks guys.  I like both but this time of year I'm winding down my stout inventory, not adding to it.  I might pick up a 2pack of stout, but they're pretty steep.  Mostly shooting for IPAs today. I see they have a drive through option.  My mom lives 2 miles away but I've never stopped in, at least since Monson.

You must be at Deerfield. I was thinking Charlton. They don’t have drive thru there. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

During the height of Covid for over a year they only had pick up option. They weren’t open except for can pickup at curbside . They were the last brewery to open back up again. Was infuriating 

I bet. I'll pop in for a quick pint grab a mixed case and call it good.  Appreciate the tips!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

During the height of Covid for over a year they only had pick up option. They weren’t open except for can pickup at curbside . They were the last brewery to open back up again. Was infuriating 

I bet they we’re making more profit with that curbside thing than when they were serving pints.  

5 minutes ago, radarman said:

I got a couple cans of Emperor Julius a couple weeks ago but honestly I still think the original Julius is still my fave of the series.  Maybe just because it brings me back to waiting in line for growler pours in Monson.

I miss that place immensely. Even the 2 hour lines for 12 cans. Was 20 minutes from me . Just had such a special feel 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, radarman said:

Yep.  You felt like you were definitely in on something.  Plus I always enjoyed driving through the tornado damage path.

Lol.. You had to drive right thru there from your direction. I was coming from other direction on all back country roads closed moving up in elevation . That TOR missed them by like 1/2 mile . It’s still very evident on 84 in Sturbridge. I weenie out every time I drive by which is like 5-10x a month especially traveling for sales 

• Like 1

Well breweries make more money from the pours on site vs cans. It’s simply pouring a beer into a glass . That’s how they make their big money . 

Think of how much money people spend when they wheel out the carts full of cans though.  They def make more money per barrel on the pours but the volume of cans is so much bigger there   You can only get 2 pours (right?) but you can drop hundreds on cans.   

great place though. Great beer with excellent variety

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Think of how much money people spend when they wheel out the carts full of cans though.  They def make more money per barrel on the pours but the volume of cans is so much bigger there   You can only get 2 pours (right?) but you I can drop hundreds on cans.   

great place though. Great beer with excellent variety

FYP

• Haha 1

He’s talking about selling to distributors vs direct to consumer. The cans that are sold at the brewery don’t go to a distributor.  My argument is that 1 person can sell hundreds more cans than they can pour pints and there are fewer peripherals that are involved.  

The real question is how sustainable is it to rely on just one line of business. People want the experience not just product. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

You wouldn't believe the money they make there, I know the banker that loaned them the money, he was astounded.

I almost had their credit card business when I was doing that full time. I had met with all of them . They decided at the time to go with Square . Would have been a life changer 

• Like 2

I have finished the equivalent of my “friday” shift at my job that is the equivalent of being a Walmart greeter only with the added annoyance of asking people to prove they can come in, where I am being thrown shade for the fact that I injured myself at my prior position there and I’m about to file workers comp.

I stopped off and finally got to treat myself to a product I’ve been wanting to try for 6 years. I actually only wanted a 200 but I soon realized it’s a 375!!! Which unfortunately means I’m pouring half of it out later. 

4847661D-7657-4E4D-8994-119CF45AC4A1.jpeg

29 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Whiskey doesn't go bad on any kind of short timeline. Why throw away the rest you don't drink? 

I am super careful about alcohol because I am historically vulnerable to substance abuse. And what I have been doing with it has kept me safe for many months about it.

I am not a genetic type alcoholic, I have no such syndrome where I so much as taste it, and suddenly cant stop and wind up 200 miles away in a strange hotel with no idea how I got there. 

But I have been around long enough to learn how caution tends to produce better results. My vulnerability is a situation of mental illness rather than a true genetic alcoholic.