Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 minute ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

The NFL in particular has catered to the fantasy football community in emphasizing offense. One of my favorite games of the last few years was the Pats-Rams Superbowl. Just two great defenses executing nearly perfect.

Which to be honest, I'm fine with...because it does make watching football that much more fun.

1 hour ago, IowaStorm05 said:

It is good I live with family and I am not alone because I went from feeling like I had a mild cold to feeling absolutely delirious with a sore throat on steroids. 

I am not old; and it is not in my lungs right now whatever it is. 

Sounds like omicron

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Sounds like omicron

At 1pm on Saturday, a co worker of mine I work very close to showed up after having isolated for 4 days. He was sick with Covid. He was coughing a bunch adjacent to me much of the day. That was 56 hours ago. By 11am today, (46 hours) I felt… vaguely off. By 2pm (49 hours) I knew I was getting sick and by 7pm (54 hours) I was on my ass. 

This is very nasty. It feels like a bad cold on the surface but there’s weird feeling in my body and the sore throat feels “more intense”. I can tell this is much stronger than a regular cold virus so I have no doubt it’s Covid. 

I admittedly have not taken the virus seriously for quite some time. Me and my 65 year old mom got our 2 shots this year but we were certain we had likely already had asymptomatic infection by now but obviously I was wrong and it’s very good we got vaccinated because the way this is going I think there is a very real possibility this would have got me killed.

I think my co worker showed up 1 day sooner than he was supposed to and somebody commented they thought he was not coming back for one more day but there is circumstantial evidence that his 4 day isolation was insufficient.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IowaStorm05 said:

At 1pm on Saturday, a co worker of mine I work very close to showed up after having isolated for 4 days. He was sick with Covid. He was coughing a bunch adjacent to me much of the day. That was 56 hours ago. By 11am today, (46 hours) I felt… vaguely off. By 2pm (49 hours) I knew I was getting sick and by 7pm (54 hours) I was on my ass. 

This is very nasty. It feels like a bad cold on the surface but there’s weird feeling in my body and the sore throat feels “more intense”. I can tell this is much stronger than a regular cold virus so I have no doubt it’s Covid. 

I admittedly have not taken the virus seriously for quite some time. Me and my 65 year old mom got our 2 shots this year but we were certain we had likely already had asymptomatic infection by now but obviously I was wrong and it’s very good we got vaccinated because the way this is going I think there is a very real possibility this would have got me killed.

Timing sounds right

Just now, IowaStorm05 said:

My cousin is on a respirator and dialysis but he didn't get the vaccine, be thankful you got got vaccinated. They said if he doesn't get better in the next few days the prognosis is grim. 

• Sad 1

Just now, IowaStorm05 said:

My wife and I just had it. For the past 2 weeks we've maintained an occasional cough. The sore throat was the worst one I ever had. It seems like everyone getting omicron is getting the nasty sore throat.

I had a bad fever, night sweats, and aches for a couple of days, but my wife only had the sore throat and cough. Get rest and lots of cough drops.

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

That sucks, sorry

Not sure why he decided to not get vaccinated, we all thought he did.  He works for a cable company and has to go in several houses daily, I'm praying he pulls through but I want to know why he decided to not get the shot. I know there's conspiracy theories out there but he not one of those guys, he's very practical.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

My cousin is on a respirator and dialysis but he didn't get the vaccine, be thankful you got got vaccinated. They said if he doesn't get better in the next few days the prognosis is grim. 

That’s too bad man. But the statistical odds are still in his favor that he will pull through

4 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Not sure why he decided to not get vaccinated, we all thought he did.  He works for a cable company and has to go in several houses daily, I'm praying he pulls through but I want to know why he decided to not get the shot. I know there's conspiracy theories out there but he not one of those guys, he's very practical.

A lot of people, like my family, are politically oriented for thinking the virus is not dangerous and the mandates are just “government control” of course, we were all prudent enough to get the vaccine. But it is very easy for people not to feel threatened by something now that it’s just been 2 years of daily media sensation combined with not personally getting sick the whole time even if you’re not a conspiracy person.

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

My wife and I just had it. For the past 2 weeks we've maintained an occasional cough. The sore throat was the worst one I ever had. It seems like everyone getting omicron is getting the nasty sore throat.

I had a bad fever, night sweats, and aches for a couple of days, but my wife only had the sore throat and cough. Get rest and lots of cough drops.

That’s exactly how I feel. It’s a viral sore throat, specifically inflammation and pain located right where my sinuses meet my throat… but this is situated in my right hand sinus and side of throat but not the left. It has always been common for me with viral sore throats that sometimes it is located at a specific spot in there…. Randomly located within the region where the sinuses drain into the throat but above the tonsils. That is where the viruses I get tend to set up shop first.

But this sore throat is different in that it feels much more intense and less superficial than colds I’ve had in the past.

I am prescribed Suboxone at a very low dose for a long time now but tonight I bumped it up just because I was suffering and yet I am STILL feeling the bad sore throat.

1 minute ago, IowaStorm05 said:

That’s exactly how I feel. It’s a viral sore throat, specifically inflammation and pain located right where my sinuses meet my throat… but this is situated in my right hand sinus and side of throat but not the left. It has always been common for me with viral sore throats that sometimes it is located at a specific spot in there….

But this sore throat is different in that it feels much more intense and less superficial than colds I’ve had in the past.

I am prescribed Suboxone at a very low dose for a long time now but tonight I bumped it up just because I was suffering and yet I am STILL feeling the bad sore throat.

Isn't suboxone used for getting off opiates? Or are there other uses?

18 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Isn't suboxone used for getting off opiates? Or are there other uses?

It can be used for pain. Suboxone is an opiate itself but is designed to act in a much safer and stable way in your body.

I was never a heroin guy, but before I was stabilized back on my critically-needed ADHD medication, I would self medicate on Kratom. So when I cleaned up, my psychiatrist who specializes in mental illness and substance abuse put me on a long Suboxone taper for coming off Kratom, and I got back on an amphetamine-based ADHD medication. And some antipsychotics because I actually probably have schizophrenia.

My ADHD is no silly case of a college student needing to focus on exams. My ADHD is actually very dangerous, and the two decades in which I went without treating it were the worst decades of my life. Severe ADHD can get you killed.

It is very ironic that my medication is chemically related to a substance that almost got me killed…. But I don’t even feel it much… I have done well for a very long time now with it and it just changes my entire personality for the better and it shields me from having addictive vulnerability. 

24 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

It can be used for pain. Suboxone is an opiate itself but is designed to act in a much safer and stable way in your body.

I was never a heroin guy, but before I was stabilized back on my critically-needed ADHD medication, I would self medicate on Kratom. So when I cleaned up, my psychiatrist who specializes in mental illness and substance abuse put me on a long Suboxone taper for coming off Kratom, and I got back on an amphetamine-based ADHD medication. And some antipsychotics because I actually probably have schizophrenia.

My ADHD is no silly case of a college student needing to focus on exams. My ADHD is actually very dangerous, and the two decades in which I went without treating it were the worst decades of my life. Severe ADHD can get you killed.

It is very ironic that my medication is chemically related to a substance that almost got me killed…. But I don’t even feel it much… I have done well for a very long time now with it and it just changes my entire personality for the better and it shields me from having addictive vulnerability. 

If it works stick with it. My sister's on suboxone but she had an opiod problem, she's doing well on it so hopefully she sticks with it too.

20 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

If it works stick with it. My sister's on suboxone but she had an opiod problem, she's doing well on it so hopefully she sticks with it too.

Good for her. I can’t speak for everyone but I always say that if somebody has been experiencing some kind of substance abuse problem, they ought to look into ADHD. The reason ADHD is implicated in substance abuse is because there is insufficient dopamine…. Which prompts the victim to act out in various ways as the body tries to garner dopamine… like buying a Mercedes when you make 25k per year, or doing meth. But although ADHD meds can be abused, if the patient gets clean first for months and enters into treatment well-supervised and with sober intent, the medication can work out great and actually protect you from substance abuse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Glad to hear no O2 issues. Sound like you and the wife dodged pneumonia. It still sucked, of course. But didn't super suck.

11 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Glad to hear no O2 issues. Sound like you and the wife dodged pneumonia. It still sucked, of course. But didn't super suck.

My cousin got  pneumonia too, doctor said this week is critical so if he pulls through this week he has a chance, doesn't help he's in his 60's and overweight. Really good guy, Ive been praying every night he pulls through.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DavisStraight said:

My cousin got  pneumonia too, doctor said this week is critical so if he pulls through this week he has a chance, doesn't help he's in his 60's and overweight. Really good guy, Ive been praying every night he pulls through.

Yeah, that's the "second phase" of a respiratory infection. Been there, done that. 

If his O2 stays above 90 he is probably fine. 

It's definitely not fun walking 10 feet to the bathroom and feeling like you just ran a 5k.

Pneumonia makes you so weak and just wrecks your body. I was set back like a year in terms of my weightlifting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, that's the "second phase" of a respiratory infection. Been there, done that. 

If his O2 stays above 90 he is probably fine. 

It's definitely not fun walking 10 feet to the bathroom and feeling like you just ran a 5k.

Pneumonia makes you so weak and just wrecks your body. I was set back like a year in terms of my weightlifting.

He's going to have a long recovery ahead of him, just hoping he turns the corner this week,

Lumber prices are nuts again. 2x4's back up to $8 each here. 

The price of softwood lumber has increased nearly 45% since September, per the data from the federal government. Other data suggests that the price mills are charging for lumber used to frame homes has tripled since August.

Rising prices are one problem, but volatility is another. Over the course of the pandemic, lumber prices have fluctuated dramatically. Between 1947 and 2019, the monthly change in the price of softwood lumber averaged 0.3%. Since January 2020, though, it has averaged 12%.

Not only is that the highest average monthly change over a two-year span since this data first started being collected in 1947, but it is nearly three times the previous record, according to the report.

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

Lumber prices are nuts again. 2x4's back up to $8 each here. 

The price of softwood lumber has increased nearly 45% since September, per the data from the federal government. Other data suggests that the price mills are charging for lumber used to frame homes has tripled since August.

Rising prices are one problem, but volatility is another. Over the course of the pandemic, lumber prices have fluctuated dramatically. Between 1947 and 2019, the monthly change in the price of softwood lumber averaged 0.3%. Since January 2020, though, it has averaged 12%.

Not only is that the highest average monthly change over a two-year span since this data first started being collected in 1947, but it is nearly three times the previous record, according to the report.

funny you say that about 2x4s. i am doing a small project at my house, and needed a bunch of studs. I've not needed to buy lumber for several years, so i was shocked at the $5.99 sticker price for a 2x4x8'. I thought i got as much as I needed, turns out I need to buy a bunch more. ugh-there goes that paycheck!

I don’t know what virus this is. My mom and I have been out of breath a bit and I am still sick.

But we both tested negative for Covid 

I suspect, based on trends that it could be Human Metapneumovirus. After a bit of a sore throat and fatigue this went straight to my lungs overnight. No fever. Human Metapneumovirus usually isn’t serious but causes mild shortness of breath and asthmatic flare ups.

CC0CFECC-74A1-472E-B2CC-2B5C3C872472.jpeg

11 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Taking a break from this forum perhaps permanently. Wasn't meant as a political jab. Clown show. Pray for Joe B's parents. Yeah, because that totally has something to do with weather. This is a weather board. He is an awful met. Sorry for telling the truth. 

Look, I couldn't agree more that he is a terrible met, I find his political positions reprehensible, and everything you said about Tucker Carlson was spot on. However, we humans are emotional creatures with finite lifespans, and therefore the deaths of anyone close to us, especially our parents, is devastating. There was no need to ruminate on the tragedy that befell him at all, and having it fresh in everyone's mind makes ripping him a new one seem tone-deaf at best, and callous at worst.

11 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Taking a break from this forum perhaps permanently. Wasn't meant as a political jab. Clown show. Pray for Joe B's parents. Yeah, because that totally has something to do with weather. This is a weather board. He is an awful met. Sorry for telling the truth. 

You weren’t piled on for calling him terrible met. He’s called a terrible met like 10x per day on here. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

You weren’t piled on for calling him terrible met. He’s called a terrible met like 10x per day on here. 

Right, I made a comment comparing him to tucker Carlson. Didn't say anything political. They are both clear carnival barking idiots. I have barely been posting lately. Not sure why anyone would say my posts are political. I generally check in during storms lately, and post memes. 

The few right wing boomers on here took it as a chance to whine and make it political. 

Tiger brings up a good point about the fact I didn't need to point out he's a bad met. I posted he was idiot. Someone basically said "but his parents just died"... OK? Has nothing to do with it. 

What am I gonna do, sob and act like it makes a difference? Guy doesn't even know I exist. Like, what are we doing here??