Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

On 1/19/2022 at 1:05 PM, Baroclinic Zone said:

So it's been a stressful 10 days.  Our dog (toy poodle) was not feeling well Sunday, a week ago, so we brought him to emergency vet care and it was determined that he had a mass on his spleen.  Their recommendation was to have it removed but they were not able to provide aftercare due to being Covid short staffed.  They referred us to Tufts Veterinary in Walpole, so we brought him there last Monday AM and they performed the surgery Monday evening.  It was determined thru the surgery that his spleen had in fact ruptured and had we not brought him in when we did, he would likely have bled out.  They removed the spleen and mass and sent it off for pathology.  They gave us the stats that 75-80% of these cases come back malignant with 3-6mo life expectancy after.  My mind had been a wreck this past week waiting on the results and they just came back negative.  My heart is filled with so much joy and happiness.  I could not imagine losing him so soon in life.  He's only 6-1/2 yrs old.  To hear he should have no complications and live a normal life if the greatest gift. :wub:

I'm glad your buddy made it. I have a hound (Black Mouth Cur) who's  Triple M flared up over the holidays. I hate seeing dogs in pain.

38 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah most restaurants raised prices, sometimes significantly. Went to a steak house in MD and seemed like most cuts had gone up 10-20 dollars. A large increase. 

I just went to a popular buffalo wing place here and couldn't believe how expensive the wings were. A 21 piece was $40. A few years ago it was like $12-14. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Never thought I'd see Hawaii hotel restaurant prices here.

Or Fisherman's wharf in SF.  Their dunginess crab was low 50s when we were there in March 2016.  We chose the $35 swordfish with a $10 crab appetizer, which was good but both wife and I preferred the fish.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BrianW said:

I just went to a popular buffalo wing place here and couldn't believe how expensive the wings were. A 21 piece was $40. A few years ago it was like $12-14. 

Chicken wings are now the most expensive part of the chicken, thanks to supply/demand.  Been like that at the supermarket for a while now, even before the pandemic.  Employment/supply chain issues making that even worse now.

5 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

Your not.  If the prices went up 25% here, they went up 25% in Hawaii too :)

I was curious, so I just looked at the prices for the dining options at some hotels in Ka'anapali.

You can start your meal with some warm hawaiian rolls for $12. Add a side of roasted potatoes for another $12.  Generic fish of the day is going for $49. Chocolate cake for dessert is another $14. Add a Mai Tia for $17. 

I'm stuffing my bread maker into my carry-on bag because I'm not paying $12 for some rolls.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

We are at a simple local restaurant tonight and the menu has chicken wings listed as “market price” as if it’s a lobster tail or crab legs. LOL

I remember, and it ages me, when the local chicken farm used to give the wings away or throw them away. We then later could get 25 lbs for 5 dollars that was in late 80s