Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

16 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Damn! Definitely beats the hard ice at Mullins or Greenfield. I had to sharpen my skates at a different level when I started playing in western Mass rinks. 

Primo today.  I heard the Oxbow was wonderful also.  Only the lowest bodies of water were smooth and black, my usual spots here in Btown are shot.

This page has some pretty good reports, lots of folks were out in Noho today, everybody commenting how nice it was to see so many smiling faces.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/hilltownpondskaters/

• Like 3

On 1/16/2022 at 6:55 PM, mreaves said:

Man, Dallas sucks. 

They are who we thought they were, frauds.

Terrible all around performance but the penalties did them in. The 49ers got away with one though…the momentum turned in the 4th but once again, the cowgirls penalized themselves and couldn’t take the lead after the INT. 

So it's been a stressful 10 days.  Our dog (toy poodle) was not feeling well Sunday, a week ago, so we brought him to emergency vet care and it was determined that he had a mass on his spleen.  Their recommendation was to have it removed but they were not able to provide aftercare due to being Covid short staffed.  They referred us to Tufts Veterinary in Walpole, so we brought him there last Monday AM and they performed the surgery Monday evening.  It was determined thru the surgery that his spleen had in fact ruptured and had we not brought him in when we did, he would likely have bled out.  They removed the spleen and mass and sent it off for pathology.  They gave us the stats that 75-80% of these cases come back malignant with 3-6mo life expectancy after.  My mind had been a wreck this past week waiting on the results and they just came back negative.  My heart is filled with so much joy and happiness.  I could not imagine losing him so soon in life.  He's only 6-1/2 yrs old.  To hear he should have no complications and live a normal life if the greatest gift. :wub:

• Like 33

3 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

So it's been a stressful 10 days.  Our dog (toy poodle) was not feeling well Sunday, a week ago, so we brought him to emergency vet care and it was determined that he had a mass on his spleen.  Their recommendation was to have it removed but they were not able to provide aftercare due to being Covid short staffed.  They referred us to Tufts Veterinary in Walpole, so we brought him there last Monday AM and they performed the surgery Monday evening.  It was determined thru the surgery that his spleen had in fact ruptured and had we not brought him in when we did, he would likely have bled out.  They removed the spleen and mass and sent it off for pathology.  They gave us the stats that 75-80% of these cases come back malignant with 3-6mo life expectancy after.  My mind had been a wreck this past week waiting on the results and they just came back negative.  My heart is filled with so much joy and happiness.  I could not imagine losing him so soon in life.  He's only 6-1/2 yrs old.  To hear he should have no complications and live a normal life if the greatest gift. :wub:

Sometimes you get good news, you wouldn't believe the amount I spent at Tufts last year for our pets and none turned out well.

• Sad 3

As slippery winter weather is impending, it’s too late to upgrade tonight.

But you really, really don’t want to drive around in 1990’s or even early 2000’s cars. 1970s and 1980s are even worse. The 1990s will squish you and the 1970s will pulverize and impale you.

Stay safe. Upgrade. It could save your life especially if you like… driving in the snow.

FDB62948-4A40-4EC4-8E69-575F9890FB2D.jpeg

E0B0B9B8-43B2-4E46-B216-6895B0CE7331.jpeg

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Oh damn Bobby so sorry.  Hoping for the best outcome.

On 1/19/2022 at 1:05 PM, Baroclinic Zone said:

In the end a happy outcome.  So glad your doggie lives on!   I got a message from a former coworker who’s dog succumbed at age 7 after a short (2 week) illness.    She was so attached to him and I feel so bad for her.   We have a golden 5 months away from age 14.  Cherishing every moment knowing reality.  Our doggies don’t live long enough...

Bob, I’m so glad your dog will be ok!

• Like 3

On 1/19/2022 at 1:05 PM, Baroclinic Zone said:

Great to hear! Might be hard for people who have never raised a dog to understand... 

I had the joy of growing up with a dog for 18 years... was a member of the family.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

The first half of the final season of Ozark is released tomorrow. A nice distraction perhaps for some?

Great show

Not quite the masterpiece that was Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul, but still extremely good.

Give Succession a try... get past the insufferable Manhattan finance culture for an episode and you quickly get hooked. The character development and drama is fantastic and just won some Golden Globes.

• Thanks 1

Great show
Not quite the masterpiece that was Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul, but still extremely good.
Give Succession a try... get past the insufferable Manhattan finance culture for an episode and you quickly get hooked. The character development and drama is fantastic and just won some Golden Globes.
Been watching Succession, but now waiting for next season. They didn't start filming until Fall, so it'll be awhile

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Financial assets should continue to trade side ways / down since monetary policy governs asset prices and a end to printing (by March QE ends ) And tightening is a very easy correlation to lower prices 

once QE (buying ones own debt  begins I don’t believe there are any examples of it ending ) so their will be a great buying opportunity not until some time passes and when the fed can reverse tightening course they are on (but can’t sustain) most likely timing is summer before mid term elections that they declare victory on inflation (year over year comparisons will be favorable by then ) and like I said , the option for years is inflate assets or collapse (which is why a Full return to normalization of monetary policy’s has not nor will not be possible or attempted . The public is not spoon fed this fragile reality it’s not really confidence inducing and nobody wants a panic 

On 1/19/2022 at 9:42 PM, IowaStorm05 said:

As slippery winter weather is impending, it’s too late to upgrade tonight.

But you really, really don’t want to drive around in 1990’s or even early 2000’s cars. 1970s and 1980s are even worse. The 1990s will squish you and the 1970s will pulverize and impale you.

Stay safe. Upgrade. It could save your life especially if you like… driving in the snow.

FDB62948-4A40-4EC4-8E69-575F9890FB2D.jpeg

E0B0B9B8-43B2-4E46-B216-6895B0CE7331.jpeg

My newest vehicle is a 1983 VW Vanagon and oldest a pair of 1975 VW Bugs so... On that note, I love when people who ride motorcycles tell you that your car is unsafe lol

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 10:37 PM, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I always like looking at the ISO New England price map during exteme heat/cold. Wholesale electricity is at sky high prices as natural gas is getting diverted right now for heating. People don't realize there are oil peaker power plants scattered around New England that just sit idle like 90% of the year. Wholesale electricity prices are usually around $20-40 mwh in New England. Right now they are over $200. Those oil peaker plants can make millions firing up when wholesale prices are this high. Thats why they can afford to just idle them. Same thing happens in the summer.

I remember reading during a cold snap in I think 2016 oil plants almost ran out of fuel. They burned their yearly average of fuel in just 1 week.  If the cold had continued their would have been major issues. This cost is also passed on to everyone and is one of the reasons electricity is so expensive in New England. You think Eversource isnt passing along paying 10 times the cost for electricity right now. 

I have solar and you can actually see on the forecast demand map on the right all the solar drastically cutting back the peak load in the afternoon. I don't think people realize how much fuel and emissions is cut back from power plant generation from rooftop solar. Right now my heat pumps are being powered directly from my solar panels and I am feeding most of my power back to the grid. 

https://www.iso-ne.com/

Screenshot_20220121-085244_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

Excited about Ozark!   Succession takes some acquiring a taste for but it’s a great show.    Another one that I’m addicted to with new season starting on showtime Sunday is Billions.   

Am I too old to enlist in the Ukrainian army?   All the pictures look snowy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

Excited about Ozark!   Succession takes some acquiring a taste for but it’s a great show.    Another one that I’m addicted to with new season starting on showtime Sunday is Billions.   

Am I too old to enlist in the Ukrainian army?   All the pictures look snowy.

Same.  Just finished the 3rd and final season of Afterlife.