Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

Just now, MJO812 said:

I think i asked this before but what are some nice hotels near the water in Cape Cod ? My fiance and I are going to go there in the summer.

Depends what part of the Cape you want to go to?  Provincetown definitely has the nicest Inns but pricey mid summer.  Lots of good restaurants and lots of nice beaches out that way.  

11 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Depends what part of the Cape you want to go to?  Provincetown definitely has the nicest Inns but pricey mid summer.  Lots of good restaurants and lots of nice beaches out that way.  

11 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

outer cape is where i prefer to go.

I want to stay where there are things to do ( shopping , museums, restaurants)

12 hours ago, MJO812 said:

I think i asked this before but what are some nice hotels near the water in Cape Cod ? My fiance and I are going to go there in the summer.

They're almost all near the water, I used to stay in Dennis because my cousin lived there but I used to like going farther up the elbow. No matter where you stay it's a short trip to the water.

On 1/4/2022 at 8:45 PM, tunafish said:

Thanks again.  They definitely have their own personalities, but so far all 6 haven't minded walking on the snow pack, though only 2 of them have eaten it.

That's good advice on the wintercare.  I'm definitely more concerned since it's their first winter and real cold coming in next week.  Appreciate the advice!

How are the birds handling the cold? I left mine in the coop this morning where there’s no drafts and it’s a little warmer. I just went in there and it’s 10° whereas the run is 0° and it’s still -3° outside. Maybe around noon I’ll let them into the run when the sun is beating on it more. The spruce trees on the south sude if my yard have gotten tall enough that they block the sun this time of year. 

On 1/15/2022 at 10:16 AM, dendrite said:

How are the birds handling the cold? I left mine in the coop this morning where there’s no drafts and it’s a little warmer. I just went in there and it’s 10° whereas the run is 0° and it’s still -3° outside. Maybe around noon I’ll let them into the run when the sun is beating on it more. The spruce trees on the south sude if my yard have gotten tall enough that they block the sun this time of year. 

So far so good!  This morning they were hesitant to come down into the run, though.  Understandably as it was -5°F.  Yesterday morning as rough too with the wind.  Gave them some warm Oatmeal as a treat, they were stoked.  I do want to inspect their combs for any frostbite today, just to be sure.

I did get snow blowing through the ridge vent during last Friday's storm, right into their coop. Cleaned out the snos after and they were fine.  If we get another windy event I'll make sure modification to keep the snow out during the storm at least.

20220116_101738.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 7:04 PM, weathafella said:

Not always.  I’d say no worse than 50/50.   So many great ones for us over the decades.

Miller As, or at least hybrids, are the ticket for SWCT.  Bs tend to have a big deform band over NJ and the HV, which croaks as it reaches us.  A new monster band then develops for ENE.

12 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

The Pats are just plain lousy. Hope Pats nation gets used to mediocrity for the foreseeable future. Regression is a b!tch. 

Defense really was a mess.   LBs look slow.  Secondary is a mess.   Please replace Steve Belichik and Patricia

They should still be competitive but won’t be top tier for a bit 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

Must have been a really cathartic win for the Bills. They have been victimized by the Patriots for so long. I bet that felt really good. 

It was a historic performance.   Pretty much perfect.  No punts, no field goals. No turnovers.  Almost every play was for positive yardage.  Well coached. Etc

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

It was a historic performance.   Pretty much perfect.  No punts, no field goals. No turnovers.  Almost every play was for positive yardage.  Well coached. Etc

Yeah, one of those situations where a team wanted something so badly they came together and just made it happen for themselves and the fans.

Pats will be back, no doubt about that.