Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

3 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I had just seen a story about night sweats being a symptom of omicron.

https://fortune.com/2022/01/03/omicron-infections-strange-symptom/amp/

Yeah this is unlike any flu I’ve had in the past 20 or so years. Usually it’s some aches and a high fever for 2 days and then it breaks quickly.

These fevers have been up and down and I have a lot more congestion and chest tightness/coughing than I ever had from a flu. The aches have been way worse as well although today I feel less achey. I’m trying to get myself able to snowblow in a bit, but it’s a struggle with wind chills near 0°. At least there’s a higher oxygen percentage in the cold, dry air.

I used to get pneumonia and bronchitis a lot as a kid, but since quitting dairy I’ve eliminated a lot of my bacterial issues. I’m not coughing a lot, but deep breathing does tickle my lungs a bit and force me to cough lightly. I’m tempted to get tested today just out of curiosity. 

Just now, dendrite said:

I think I’ll try to get tested today if I can clear the driveway. I assume it’s early enough for me to still test positive? Not sure what the data shows for omicron. 

Yeah if you are symptomatic then it's definitely not too early.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s the Rich I mentioned yesterday . They always use his reports .

Sometimes he comes in higher than me, but I've noticed he can be badly low in situations (usually thermally driven) where the max OTG doesn't stay at that amount for long. Like a year or two ago, we had like 3 or 4" in a snow to rain situation and he reported 1" or something stupidly small because he obviously didnt measure until it had already turned to slush. But usually we are pretty close.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

3 kids 3 grandkids went down with the Vid at Christmas all vax+ We are having Christmas this weekend.  All clear sounded. 

That stinks. I’m not going argue for vaccines or not though since that is a slippery slope on here. Glad your fam is better and celebrating this weekend at least. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

3 kids 3 grandkids went down with the Vid at Christmas all vax+ We are having Christmas this weekend.  All clear sounded. 

Enjoy it man. As tough as this time has been for me, being able to spend it with family has been some of the most precious time I’ve ever had.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

So I bought a used car today and my trade in had been having electrical issues, so I purchased the electrical service contract. 

I am already regretting it lol… are those warranties they sell refundable? The best I can find is most can be cancelled anytime for a prorated refund 

They can, I bought one once but traded the truck in after a year (it was a problem truck) and they refunded me the balance.

53 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

So I bought a used car today and my trade in had been having electrical issues, so I purchased the electrical service contract. 

I am already regretting it lol… are those warranties they sell refundable? The best I can find is most can be cancelled anytime for a prorated refund 

What’d you get?  That was quick. 

34 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

They can, I bought one once but traded the truck in after a year (it was a problem truck) and they refunded me the balance.

My commute has gotten significantly longer, so I’ll be putting good miles on it.

It’s a bumper to bumper… so I guess it’s not a bad ide to have it. I’ve always been told to avoid those maintenance plans in the finance office, so I feel almost dirty having went for it lol

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

My commute has gotten significantly longer, so I’ll be putting good miles on it.

It’s a bumper to bumper… so I guess it’s not a bad ide to have it. I’ve always been told to avoid those maintenance plans in the finance office, so I feel almost dirty having went for it lol

Did you get the undercoating and seat protection too? LOL

7 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Can’t go wrong with a Honda. I think there’s a few Honda guys on here. 

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Did you get the undercoating and seat protection too? LOL

Lol nah, that’s the only thing I got. I got spooked by my fairly new edge having electrical issues, but researching it, sounds like I have the option to cancel and receive a pro rated refund.

And I really like it. I expect it to last a long time 

• Like 1

Next door neighbor dog update. Spinal embolism. Paralyzed right leg. Oddly our Chihuahua had one this summer.  I spent hours doing physical therapy and electrical stimulus with him and he is back running.  I should have known when I saw the neighbors dogs paw knuckling under him. Tough break for them but there is hope.

• Like 3