Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yet unemployment numbers are at record lows. Where the hell are people working?

It’s hard to get good answers to that question, but my best but very uneducated guess from reading is that more people have been retiring than entering the workforce for several years now. That accelerated during the pandemic. Add in the increase in the death rates the last couple of years for however you wish to attribute it, and the reductions in *legal* immigration, and you have yourself a labor shortage. Most people who worked in service industries have moved on to other jobs. Some people have left the workforce entirely, but I think that’s only a small part of the story, and the extended unemployment benefits have long since ended, so clearly that’s not the cause of the problem either, even though that was the narrative according to many  last year.

TLDR: a labor shortage has been slowly occurring last few years, pandemic accelerated it and made it worse.

So.....our daughter just tested positive-has been mildly ill and now home (sadly not able to hang out with her bf and friends for NYE).   So to me this is a good test of the boosters which my wife got about 2-3 weeks ago and me 2 months ago ( driven by my plan on being part of a 6500 person meeting in person in Boston in November).  I’ve been busy talking our daughter off the ledge that if I get it I am not going to die and my concern was 1000x higher when I thought I was having a heart attack or stroke 4 weeks ago.

Stay safe everyone and Happy New Year !   May 2022 fulfill all of your weenie snow dreams!

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, weathafella said:

So.....our daughter just tested positive-has been mildly ill and now home (sadly not able to hang out with her bf and friends for NYE).   So to me this is a good test of the boosters which my wife got about 2-3 weeks ago and me 2 months ago ( driven by my plan on being part of a 6500 person meeting in person in Boston in November).  I’ve been busy talking our daughter off the ledge that if I get it I am not going to die and my concern was 1000x higher when I thought I was having a heart attack or stroke 4 weeks ago.

Stay safe everyone and Happy New Year !   May 2022 fulfill all of your weenie snow dreams!

Happy NY Jerry . She’ll get thru it just fine ! Just a cold 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

My father passed away a few hours ago. Thank you all for your kind words and support the last few weeks.

I'm so sorry to learn this. I know I can't provide much, but please know that I'm here if you ever need to just type something out and reflect in a PM. Lifting up prayers of peace and comfort as you grieve during this time. Condolences my snow-chasing friend.

• Thanks 1