Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

4 minutes ago, Hoth said:

My pre-COVID trade was shorting the airlines and Boeing, which worked out beautifully. Not sure we'll get a similar reaction this time, but this is a very sick market without any help from COVID. It may be a useful scapegoat in the event of a crash.

I got theta murdered last time- market churned higher forever in the face of certain crisis in Europe until the rug pull. We’ll see this week, I expect post New Years people will wake up if not… oh well I tried. Was up 100% on Friday already but didn’t sell want a bigger move.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

I got theta murdered last time- market churned higher forever in the face of certain crisis in Europe until the rug pull. We’ll see this week, I expect post New Years people will wake up if not… oh well I tried. Was up 100% on Friday already but didn’t sell want a bigger move.

I've been there a few times, buddy. My only significant position recently has been been to short ARKK. I've been getting whiplash for five months, but it seems to be breaking down in earnest now. Cathy's buried deep in dogshit securities. If real redemption pressure comes in, she may waterfall.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

There is still a Sears store located in Braintree MA.   I find that interesting.  What would one buy there?

Regular Sears or one of the Sears Hometown stores?  Those are like franchises owned individually. They sell appliances, lawn and garden stuff, and generally any of the non-clothing type merchandise. 

On 12/17/2021 at 10:41 PM, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07GRBY9NP?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

wife got me this for Christmas. I’ve already purchased a mounting pole. Plan to put it on the roof of my shed… so it’ll be ~15 or so feet off the ground.

Hope to be up and running before the new year 

This is the one i have, Its up on the peak of my house roof on a 5' mast.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 10:41 PM, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07GRBY9NP?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

wife got me this for Christmas. I’ve already purchased a mounting pole. Plan to put it on the roof of my shed… so it’ll be ~15 or so feet off the ground.

Hope to be up and running before the new year 

IIRC your development was lacking many trees? That may help you wind wise, but you're still only at 15ft. I would almost sacrifice the wind in order to have the temp and rain at 2m. I wouldn't want a temp sensor above the roof due to radiation issues. You'll get more undercatch with rain due to turbulence as well. Just my $0.02.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dendrite said:

IIRC your development was lacking many trees? That may help you wind wise, but you're still only at 15ft. I would almost sacrifice the wind in order to have the wind and rain at 2m. I wouldn't want a temp sensor above the roof due to radiation issues. You'll get more undercatch with rain due to turbulence as well. Just my $0.02.

11 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

agree with dendrite

not sure the sensors can be separated though

im happy with my setup even though my anemometer is not at 10m and is blocked by trees

There are very few trees, none are very big, just your typical new development look. So just mount the thing 6 feet off the ground and call it a day?

11 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Only problem Is my wife isn’t going to want the thing in the middle of the yard.

Well you have to do the best you can with whatever restrictions you have. Some have HOAs, some have wives. ;) 

Just get the station high enough above the roof to limit radiation and turbulence issues…5-10ft at least.

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Well you have to do the best you can with whatever restrictions you have. Some have HOAs, some have wives. ;) 

Just get the station high enough above the roof to limit radiation and turbulence issues…5-10ft at least.

Heh… I’ll have to see what I can do. I’m thinking maybe just mounting it to like a 4x4 post set somewhere near the rear of my property. Trying to think of ways to hide it 

31 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Heh… I’ll have to see what I can do. I’m thinking maybe just mounting it to like a 4x4 post set somewhere near the rear of my property. Trying to think of ways to hide it 

I have a different model Ambient (cheaper) I bought some shelf brackets and a piece of shelving and mounted on one of my back deck posts. I think it’s 8’-10’ off the ground. I know it’s too close to the house for good wind readings but the shed it’s mounted on makes a good elevated measuring board. I am thinking about putting a 4x4 post in a better place in the back yard. 

3 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I have a different model Ambient (cheaper) I bought some shelf brackets and a piece of shelving and mounted on one of my back deck posts. I think it’s 8’-10’ off the ground. I know it’s too close to the house for good wind readings but the shed it’s mounted on makes a good elevated measuring board. I am thinking about putting a 4x4 post in a better place in the back yard. 

Interesting…. Maybe I could mount it on a post coming off of my deck? 

Anyone still in crypto lol

rotated out of gaming 10-12 days ago as that was very bubbly and got into the yield generating “nodes” early 

If anyone is in that space I’ve had Ring Finance / Thor nodes/ and some power / Arca/ super / KTNA (was one of lucky ones with that debacle 

Just to give perspective , I’ve about 2.5x my ROI in nodes and collect approximately 4-500$ a day which I claim and immediately put into USDC. There are indications that game is coming to and end soon as it seemed a bit pyramid in structure but I‘fly you got in early (cheap) you made quite the amount 

Some folks have been running 100’s of these Things and claiming Many many 1000’s per day. I could care less about holding and trading any coins unless bitcoin is rising on a clear trend , there is always a way to find alpha in crypto space (just VERY time consuming ) but the gains are very aggressive if you have the focus and time to see where money is rotating into 

On 12/19/2021 at 3:05 PM, Supernovice said:

Ended up putting back on my pre-COVID trade (personal money, not financial advice) last Thursday at open, day after the FOMC. SPY puts, Jan 12 exp.

Lockdowns…. They are a coming.

The way the past six-months have gone that means SPY will reach a new ATH lol

4 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

The way the past six-months have gone that means SPY will reach a new ATH lol

There has been a bear market in individual stocks and a bull market in indices for last couple months 

meaning ..literally a handful of huge cap (heavily weighted stocks Apple , msft, google , nividia, meta) have Been going up and the majority of small and medium caps have been getting hammered . 

looking “under the hood” the Nasdaq has 65% of stocks in bear market while the index itself treds water . It’s comical how bad market breadth has been for last couple months 

Now with build back better getting shelved , that lack of huge spending will slice GDP forecast back next year , which should hurt the Dow (which had been seeing the best relative strength of all indexes )and the dow is most connected to future forecasts of economic “strength “ compared to the others 

17 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Anyone still in crypto lol

Loaded up on SPELL last week for a short-term swing. Still holding my others of course. After JPM's releases last week along with all the ETF and leap exposure coming up next month I can see another January to remember for meme stocks.