Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Thanks, everyone. It turns out it's more serious than originally thought, but he's doing ok, and I'm just glad he lived to see this day. I don't take the time we have together for granted. 

My dad had a heart attack and triple bypass at 48. He just turned 65 Saturday and is doing well. Heart treatment has come a long way.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Thanks, everyone. It turns out it's more serious than originally thought, but he's doing ok, and I'm just glad he lived to see this day. I don't take the time we have together for granted. 

Best of luck dude, savor every day with those you love.

Congrats on getting hitched too.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

My dad had a heart attack and triple bypass at 48. He just turned 65 Saturday and is doing well. Heart treatment has come a long way.

Yeah, my dad had the same about 5-6 years ago, so it was really concerning today. Just waiting to see what the severity is. His health has been declining a lot in recent years so definitely glad it wasn’t worse this morning. 

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah, my dad had the same about 5-6 years ago, so it was really concerning today. Just waiting to see what the severity is. His health has been declining a lot in recent years so definitely glad it wasn’t worse this morning. 

For sure… they’ve gone back in a few times to do stent work on my father… but it’s been nearly 20 years, so I consider it a blessing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

At the car repair shop place sitting in the lobby working while they scan my car and this giant wolf spider craws near me. THERE AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE WOLF SPIDERS IN DECEMBER

F960CF4C-13B8-48B0-9E8B-BE6CA0B31A79.jpeg

Spiders and city driving…the two worst fears a man can have. Just imagine if you have to deal with them at the same time. Would you survive?

20 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

He got suspended for that? Big yikes 

Completely unfair that Phin would get suspended for that interaction. I have no axe to grind against either man, I don't know either. But Forky comes in here for the sole intent to troll and has for years. I'm sure @PhineasC isn't for all, but I have enjoyed his posts from the north and I think he has added value to our New England group. This situation certainly seems to be the favored versus the unfavored.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That’s such bullshit that Phineas got suspended, he is a great poster. Forkys just a hater, and there is a legitimate debate about whether or not his met degree is real. Some think it is, others don’t but there are valid arguments on both sides of the debate. I personally think his met degree is indeed real, but he forgot everything he learned. I don’t think he’s a bad guy or anything, but man he’s a real pain in the ass. He posts a lot of bullshit in off topic as well. 

• Weenie 2

8 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

It has to be other things also. Forky is a huge troll.

I know Phineas posts on off topic and he is very outspoken about his views that do not align with the mods over there. He may have gotten muted for that, which sucks. The mods over there and their tendency to ban or mute anyone they don’t like was why I haven’t been posting there as much. 

• Weenie 1

On 12/15/2021 at 1:29 PM, weatherwiz said:

At the car repair shop place sitting in the lobby working while they scan my car and this giant wolf spider craws near me. THERE AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE WOLF SPIDERS IN DECEMBER

F960CF4C-13B8-48B0-9E8B-BE6CA0B31A79.jpeg

Well if it would just stay cold they should go away

You are a spider magnet lol, I remember when you said that your apartment was full of them too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07GRBY9NP?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

wife got me this for Christmas. I’ve already purchased a mounting pole. Plan to put it on the roof of my shed… so it’ll be ~15 or so feet off the ground.

Hope to be up and running before the new year 

Where did you get the mounting pole? I need one for mine

10 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

Ended up putting back on my pre-COVID trade (personal money, not financial advice) last Thursday at open, day after the FOMC. SPY puts, Jan 12 exp.

Lockdowns…. They are a coming.

My pre-COVID trade was shorting the airlines and Boeing, which worked out beautifully. Not sure we'll get a similar reaction this time, but this is a very sick market without any help from COVID. It may be a useful scapegoat in the event of a crash.