Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

2 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

It's my dad's birthday tomorrow,  first one with him gone.  Going to visit his grave tomorrow with my son.  Haven't been there since the funeral.

Trying really hard to keep my chin up.

Hang in there. Hopefully you can share a couple of smiles and laughs thinking of the good times tomorrow. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dendrite said:

I’ve made it so all new account registrations require administrator validation so that should put an end to that…unless there’s a few that already snuck in and are waiting to spam another day. 

Sorry about that everyone. 

Got one yesterday morning 

On 12/12/2021 at 5:49 PM, Sugarloaf1989 said:

It's my dad's birthday tomorrow,  first one with him gone.  Going to visit his grave tomorrow with my son.  Haven't been there since the funeral.

Trying really hard to keep my chin up.

The physical presence of loved ones disappear but their spirits are everlasting. I laugh thesedays when I say or do something my dad would do. That will come for you eventually, it takes time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The physical presence of loved ones disappear but their spirits are everlasting. I laugh thesedays when I say or do something my dad would do. That will come for you eventually, it takes time.

That and I'm currently living alone waiting for disabled housing.  I'm hoping to meet people next year. Grieving isn't easy alone.  Luckily I see my son a few times a month. My dad's girlfriend was a manic depressive person who was also an alcoholic and smoked.  It was really difficult to bring anyone over.  I'm glad that part of my life is over. 

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

In defense of I think Chris who took some flack for his comments after the tornado in Kentucky.

Factory bosses to workers before tornado: 'If you leave, you're more than likely to be fired' (msn.com)

He was/is absolutely correct. A local Fox station (KTVI) ran a story last night about Larry Virden who died in the Amazon facility.

Ld89aeK.png 

33 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

I’m waiting for the apologies to @Chrisrotary12 to pour in. Or is that not how this works?

If he was talking about supervisors not letting the employees to leave without fear of losing their jobs, then certainly I offer my apologies.

If he was talking about companies going to a third shift to meet demand for their product, then I do not apologize.

• Like 2

Looks like a great time to call a top in home prices as federal reserve is gonna try and pull back the extra ordinary low rates and Emergency liquidity measures that pushes stocks to nose bleed valuations and housing to artificially high income to price levels . Or maybe folks think the house they bought for 500k in 2018 can keep rising to 3 million by 2023 ....now if it causes a disorderly unwind they could be forced to reverse course and blow a bigger bubble 

02 cents 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Looks like a great time to call a top in home prices as federal reserve is gonna try and pull back the extra ordinary low rates and Emergency liquidity measures that pushes stocks to nose bleed valuations and housing to artificially high income to price levels . Or maybe folks think the house they bought for 500k in 2018 can keep rising to 3 million by 2023 ....now if it causes a disorderly unwind they could be forced to reverse course and blow a bigger bubble 

02 cents 

Meh it's all relative..what I cared about was the rate (as a home buyer in 2020).

But I will say, the house I purchased appreciated much faster than the house I sold..so I don't think I would've been able to make the same move if I waited any longer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaineJayhawk said:

If he was talking about supervisors not letting the employees to leave without fear of losing their jobs, then certainly I offer my apologies.

If he was talking about companies going to a third shift to meet demand for their product, then I do not apologize.

In some less-bad news, I heard on last night's news and just read on CNN that 8 people died at the candle factory.  That's terrible but earlier guesses were that only 40 of the 110 workers in the shop when the tornado hit had survived.  Would there have been fewer deaths had the boss released all 110 upon hearing the warning?  Given the widespread destruction in town, one cannot know for sure.

• Like 1

Is there also a liability issue where a company gets in trouble if they let an employee leave during a storm and that employee dies on the way home?  I can't imagine there is, but in some of the stuff I've read, the "management" was telling employees that they weren't allowed to let people leave and had to make them shelter in place.  That sounds like holding someone against their will to me, but maybe there is a liability issue?  The other reports of managers telling people they may be fired if they leave is absolutely horrible, though.  That has to be a major lawsuit incoming and I can't imagine that company will ever reopen under current ownership.