• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

SP futures up big this morning . What a critical day regarding short to medium term outlook. Sp futures up to 4640 (4630 was critical resistance ) if they hold (given the amazing correlation with crypto regarding direction of inflows / outflows And the general global risk on / off appetite meter ..Then crypto soars .

If SP 500 can’t hold its current futures price and sells off below 4570  then crypto will be sea of red . Big day 

On 12/7/2021 at 7:12 AM, STILL N OF PIKE said:

SP futures up big this morning . What a critical day regarding short to medium term outlook. Sp futures up to 4640 (4630 was critical resistance ) if they hold (given the amazing correlation with crypto regarding direction of inflows / outflows And the general global risk on / off appetite meter ..Then crypto soars .

If SP 500 can’t hold its current futures price and sells off below 4570  then crypto will be sea of red . Big day 

I have no idea what any of this means, but good luck to you and your endeavor just the same.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Making sure I can get off work and can afford it, but anyone want to head to Cali for a chase?! Lake Tahoe? This event looks amazing...

00z euro, wtf 

ecmwf-deterministic-centralca-total_snow_kuchera-9612800.png

What are the cheapest flights you've found? I would love to do this for my bday but everything I'm seeing is $500+ round trip and I don't think that's in the cards just before Christmas.

On 12/7/2021 at 7:12 AM, STILL N OF PIKE said:

We red. 

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

cap already starting to erode but yikes...once it really does across AR and TN it's going to get ugly 

That is some QLCS getting going in MO too 

There's 60+ kt of 0-3 km shear over MO. There's going to be mesos spinning off left and right. And there's a little bit of 0-3 km CAPE that lingers into central IL. So I wouldn't be shocked with a few tornadoes in that line.

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

There's 60+ kt of 0-3 km shear over MO. There's going to be mesos spinning off left and right. And there's a little bit of 0-3 km CAPE that lingers into central IL. So I wouldn't be shocked with a few tornadoes in that line.

It's probably a good thing that stuff is linear in MO and not discrete b/c that's an environment primed for strong tornadoes. 

I wish they did balloon launches in MEM. That environment across western TN is insane and convection there probably more likely to be discrete (at least for the first round).

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It's probably a good thing that stuff is linear in MO and not discrete b/c that's an environment primed for strong tornadoes. 

I wish they did balloon launches in MEM. That environment across western TN is insane and convection there probably more likely to be discrete (at least for the first round).

Already have one TDS NW of LSX.

14 hours ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Making sure I can get off work and can afford it, but anyone want to head to Cali for a chase?! Lake Tahoe? This event looks amazing...

00z euro, wtf 

ecmwf-deterministic-centralca-total_snow_kuchera-9612800.png

That’s pretty good, but still small compared to how hard Alaska has been getting hit this season. Alyeska ski resort southeast of anchorage is already at 295” this season. Some of the higher terrain further inland from the coast is likely over 500”.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Remarkable...really hope everyone is alright

I doubt it... Hopefully the warnings were so good, which they were that folks got into sturdy shelters; although given the likelihood this was an EF 3 or 4, not sure they could have completely escaped without numerous injuries???

3 minutes ago, FXWX said:

I doubt it... Hopefully the warnings were so good, which they were that folks got into sturdy shelters; although given the likelihood this was an EF 3 or 4, not sure they could have completely escaped without numerous injuries???

Probably would be a miracle. NROT values exceeding 2 :o