• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Western PA/Pittsburgh Winter 2021/22 Discussion

meatwad

32.8 here and no icing yet. Yet however I just spoke to my sister who lives off the Wexford exit of 79 and she said the trees are all covered in ice. Nothing freezing yet on her deck. I still think the worst will be from 7 pm to 3 am. It might be like the olden days growing up where you hear the sleet pinging on the windows all night. 

28 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

Depends on what you mean. I don’t think beaver co is busting on ice.

I don’t think we will be sitting here at 10 pm still wait at 32.5. We got to be done by then right?

If not this would have to go down as the longest lasting coldest rain storm in history

Probably latent heat release from the rain keeping temperatures near or just above freezing in many places overcoming the colder air advecting in from the north at the surface.

12 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

I don’t think this will be much of a snow maker.  Hopefully, I’m wrong, just doesn’t feel like it.

I dont think i ever thought this was going to produce snow. 1-2" backend snow. But i was hoping for the ZR. I of course want everyone to be safe, but im done with 32 and rain. At least the ice is pretty and interesting to monitor. 

4 minutes ago, snowsux said:

6Z GFS & 12K NAM still showing upwards of a foot and about 7-8 inches for the eastern suburbs. Throw them out? I just don't understand how the consensus could be so bleak for a good, heavy snowstorm at this point.

The version that includes sleet, sure.

But also yes, throw the blasted GFS out. It suggested we’d be below freezing all day. I’m writing my representative and telling him I don’t want another penny of my taxes going toward the GFS.

Update: I did and his response was “what’s the GFS?” (Kidding, but it wouldn’t surprise me.)

• Like 1

31.8. The coldest it's been at my place today. I don't know if there is any icing on the trees yet because it is dark now. All I know is it is raining pretty hard

Nice little tidbit here. Hey Cleveland...you can have your 12-18 inches of snow. We are under a Winter Storm Warning and a Flood Advisory. Not many people can say they have had those to warnings together. Take that...:gun_bandana:

• Like 2